I feel like an actual contributing member of society. I recieved my first jury summons yesterday. Most people don't want to get picked, but I kind of think it's exciting (or maybe just the hopes of getting off work for a 2 month long trial... yeah right). In all actuality, I don't want to get picked, and I am going to play the pregnancy card like I've never played it before.... I hear the courts really don't have any sympathy unless you may be about to go into labor. I still have 4 1/2 more months, so no dice on that one.
For the next few months I think this blog may be a bit of a pregnancy journal, although I am trying to keep an actual written journal as well. I am feeling the baby move more and more now, and I still can't get over it. It literally feels like a bee is trapped in my stomach, flying around and bouncing off walls. I can't wait until the baby gets bigger and I can actually tell it's a kick! Scott can't wait until he can actually feel it.. We went to Old Navy today, where they had a decent maternity section. I bought a pair of pants, a shirt, and a few sweaters. I'm technically still not needing full on maternity clothes, but my pants are way too uncomfortable to try and make work. So, I guess that means I do need them...
I love Saturdays like the one we had today. I despise our typical "rushed" Saturdays where we leave at 7:30 and don't set foot back home until I am too tired to do anything productive. Today, I woke up at 7:30 (which is sadly sleeping in for me these days), ate some Raisin bran (wow- let me just say raisin bran gets things moving in No time, if you know what I mean... it's a miracle- ESPECIALLY in pregnancy...) and watched a tivoed episode of Ugly Betty. Then I took my time showering, and we drove to Old Navy. We piddled around there for a while, went and ate lunch at Chilis, roamed around Costco, and had a ball.
Because Scott is an independent inspector, he can work for whoever he wants. Loss Control Network would not be too happy if they knew he was double timing them, but hey- a few more months and I won't be working and we will have an addition- he does what he's gotta do! Anyway, his main loyalty lies with Loss Control, who pays him well and keeps him so busy that his head is spinning. But, a company back east approached him to do a few inspections on the side. With Loss Control, he does inspections in Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, San Louis Obispo, Orange County, Palm Springs, Arizona, and freakin Las Vegas... and it's gets tiring. They have him running all over the place. He averages 50,000 miles a year on his cars. It's insane. The new company back east offered him inspections that are right around where we live and he can stop by and do in 5 minutes on his way home for work.
So, needless to say he makes great money for doing small, easy inspections for this company back East... they insure alot of home building sites. All Scott has to do is drive by, snap some pictures of the construction, grab some maps and floor plans, and write up the report. Today, on our way back from Old Navy, he had to do an inspection of "Primrose at Rosetta Hills". We decided that we would go act like we were interested and check out some models. That way he could get the floor plans and brochures that he needed for his inspection, without telling them that he was with their insurance company (which they tend to freak out when he is there, worrying about all their potential liabilities). WELLLLL.... little did we know that this little "Primrose at Rosetta Hills" were all 3600 square foot homes, STARTING at the mid 500's.... Needless to say, I decided to stay in the car while Scott did the dirty work. I didn't want to act like I was interested in something that was obviously out of our league..
Scott returned to the car and said they wouldn't let him out of there without listening to their whole sales pitch AND they practically forced him to sign up for an Interest List... exactly the reason I decided to sit in the car. Mid 500's my REAR. Mid 500's for a barren house with no flooring. Once you have it customized, I'm sure it's more like the high 600's..
Anyway, we ended our day getting flu shots and grocery shopping. Oh the exciting life we lead... Scott has spent the whole evening saying he is "invincible" because he now has the protection of the flu shot. : )
I have to play the organ at church tomorrow. It's a disaster waiting to happen. Sadly enough, I could care less. I'm to the point where if someone wants to criticize me, they are more than welcome to march their way up to the organ and give it a whirl themselves....
Well, I'm off to go be completely unproductive. adios!
Saturday, October 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment