Tuesday, April 24, 2007

D-Day

Today I am going to quit my job! Yikes! Well, not technically quit, but just tell them that I will not be returning after my maternity leave. It should be interesting..

In other news, Brent is sleeping like a pro. He has been going down at about 10:45 and sleeps until 4:00. He wakes up ANGRY but as soon as I feed him he falls back asleep and eats and sleeps at the same time. He usually goes back down at 4:20, then sleeps until about 7:30. It has been pretty nice. I feel like I can conquer the world... as long as I am getting some sleep. : )

Josie is in having her baby as I type this. I gave her a pep talk yesterday and now I am kinda regretting it. When I talked to her yesterday morning, she said she had a feeling that the baby would come soon. She said she was nervous about labor. I thought I would do her a favor and be a straight shooter with her. Instead of sugar coating it, I told her **(excuse me for what is about to come**) I told her that it pretty much feels like you are trying to poop out a watermelon while your crotch is on fire at the same time. Was that graphic enough?! I wish someone would have told ME that so I was more prepared. And after I gave her that graphic description I said "But really, it's not that bad...." haha. Guess she is about to find out either way! I think it is funny that our babies were supposed to be 6 weeks apart. Mine was late, hers is a little early, and bam! They will be not even 3 weeks apart.

I started weight watchers. I have about 7 pounds to lose until I am down to my pre-pregnancy weight. Miraculously, I have managed to lose about 25 pounds on my own just by having him. I don't know how that happened, but I'm not complaining! After I lose the 7 pounds, I STILL want to lose about 25 more pounds after that. This could be a looonnnggg summer. : ) I feel like I am some kind of animal now. I got used to my pregnancy eating- which meant, I basically ate whatever the heck I wanted to. I have been going back and forth with nursing- one day I'm totally on the bandwagon, the next day I swear I am going to quit. The one thing that is making nursing look appealing to me is that you get about 10 extra points to eat on weight watchers if you are nursing... so as of today, I am on the nursing bandwagon. If I could make it breastfeeding him until he is 6 weeks old I will feel ok. But who knows, tomorrow I might be on the formula bandwagon. My poor child is going to be so confused.

Here are a few more pictures of Brent.. he is starting to look at the animals hanging from his bouncer seat for longer periods of time. It seems like he is changing every day!


Here is Brent and his Aunt Shannon- she came to visit yesterday!

1 comment:

Em said...

lol. WOW. that IS graphic. I'm sitting in a computer lab reading your blog and I'm totally embarassed b/c I busted out laughing.

whew.