Wednesday, May 23, 2007

It's offical. I'm not dying of cancer. :-)

At the beginning of my pregnancy I noticed a little lump near my eye. At first I thought it was maybe a stye or something having to do with a clogged duct- I didn't know. It was the size of the head of a pin maybe. Then, when I was 6 months pregnant, I went to my family doctor for a sore throat and mentioned it to him. He said that I needed to have it checked into, but that no one would touch me while I was pregnant. I had my 6 week post-partum visit on Friday and my OB cleared me, so I immediately made an appointment with my family doctor for this crazy lump. In the meantime, it has grown. My sister Katie even noticed it while she was sitting across the room from me last week. She said "What is that thing on your eyelid??" The past few weeks I have become overly anxious wondering if this mystery lump that has grown to the size of an eraser is cancer. I even went so far as to tell Scott that I would want him to remarry when the cancer took me because Brent should have a mother. haha. Yeah, I know. I'm psycho.

So, I went to the doctor yesterday and he immediately said "Oh, that's just a chalazion. Yeah, that's gonna need to be cut out- it won't go away on its own." I breathed a sigh of relief and said "So it's not cancer?!" He (rightfully) looked at me like I was crazy and said "No, it's just a chalazion." (Like I am suppossed to know what the heck a CHALAZION is...) Anyway, he referred me to an opthamologist that will get to remove it. It stinks that they can't just lance it or something.. they actually have to cut into my eyelid and dig it out.

**JOSIE- I am writing this especially for you- pay attention to this. The only upside to this whole thing is that I will get to wear an eyepatch for a few weeks. That's right. An eyepatch. Like a pirate. I get to wear an eyepatch and it's not even Halloween. Don't be jealous. And to top it all off, Pirates of the Carribean 3 is coming out this weekend. If I can time it just right, we can get a babysitter and we can go see Pirates while I am wearing an eyepatch. How sweet would that be?

Here are a few pictures from Brent today. HE is LOVING his swing. Scott and I were mad at ourselves for buying it because he usually screams the second we put him in it. But today we got a few smiles out of him!







4 comments:

Luke said...

You remember that killer date you went on to see the first Pirates of the Caribbean. Arrrrr....you savie?

Morgan said...

ohhh.. how could I forget. : )

Josie said...

Lady, I'm so excited! I hope the patch goes over the left eye (RIP Lisa Lopez). You'll be in good company. I never liked your left eye anyways.

Josie said...

One more thing! I have some great eye patch design ideas to discuss with you. What would you think about a flesh colored patch with an eyeball that I've drawn on with a red Sharpie. I've been practicing and I know I can make it look very realistic. And maybe I can make the eye look off to the side a little just to throw people off (and to provide some nice contrast with your real eye.