In honor of upcoming Fathers Day, and since my Dad has been my Dad for my 23 years of life, I wrote a list of 23 reasons why my Dad is a good one.. I am sending it to him in his Fathers Day Card.. here they are:
23 Reasons Why You Are a Good Dad:
1. I don’t think I can recall a time when you treated mom badly
2. I have NEVER once heard you say a curse word
3. Also, I have NEVER once heard you speak badly about someone else. I think you are the only person on this planet that I can say that about.
4. You went to church every Sunday without hesitation, and expected the same of us
5. You would never let me mow the lawn.. now I understand why
6. There was always money for volleyball camp, basketball camp, and other random summer sports things… even though looking back I know there probably really wasn’t money- but somehow you always made it appear.
7. There were always clean towels folded in the bathroom waiting for me after a shower- for some reason, you always washed dirty towels.
8. You don’t hate me even though I didn’t go to seminary- even though YOU taught the class… hehe.
9. All 5 of your kids have married well, were sealed in the temple, and are active in church. That says a lot.
10. You are in debt so that we could go to college.
11. I always had a car to drive even though I didn’t deserve them
12. In elementary school we always had $1.50 in 4 different piles waiting on top of the TV in the living room for “milk money”. As I became the only child left in the house, it became a 5 dollar bill waiting on top of the desk in the living room for my lunches in high school.
13. You are the only person I feel completely safe with in the car.. I don’t even trust my own husbands’ driving..
14. You have always been a hard worker
15. You can appreciate a good funny T.V show
16. You wouldn’t hesitate to take my car and fill it up with gas
17. You always listened to my stories- and would even laugh at them
18. You were always willing to get out of bed to kill a spider
19. You love Mom
20. You honor your Priesthood
21. You put up with me for the past 23 years
22. You never got mad at me all through college when I would call you at work… you always responded with “How much..” and the money would always magically appear in my bank account
23. None of us kids could ask for a better Dad… Happy Fathers Day!
Wednesday, June 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment