Monday, March 10, 2008

Poor Brent is getting busted up left and right. It must just be what happens to babies at this age. He constantly has a bruise on his noggin. He obviously doesn't know his limits and tries to pull himself up on things that aren't sturdy. Today, I watched him fall off the first step head first onto the wood floor. It all happened in slow motion as I was running to the stairs...I think it scared me more than him. After a few minutes of crying, he was on to the next thing. We have a gate, but it isn't wide enough to fit the width of the stairs. We REALLY need to get another one ASAP!!

He is also eating EVERYTHING we eat now like a champ. I am trying to get him off of baby food and he doesn't miss it at all! He loves all vegetables, mandarine oranges, banana, eggo waffles, turkey sandwiches (just one piece of bread with turkey on it cut into tiny pieces- his FAVORITE), and of course- puffs. But lately, everything we eat for dinner he eats. I keep waiting for him to not like something, but it so far has not happened. We don't eat alot of beef- mostly chicken and ground turkey which he LOVES. Tonight I made a shredded chicken taco meal in the crockpot. You put chicken breasts with taco seasoning, black beans, tomatoes, and corn. The chicken shreds itself and you serve it with tortillas. I think it is a weight watcher meal compliments of my sister Katie, but it is SO good! Definitely something to try. anyway, I didn't think he would eat it, but sure enough his little fingers were shoveling black beans and corn into his little mouth as fast as they could go. He's such a good man.

He made a mess of himself after dinner so we had to strip him down. Here he is- minus clothes..and a few after he got new clothes back on!




5 comments:

Katie said...

Brent's next diaper should be a good one if he was munching on black beans tonight! :)

Josie said...

Those pics in the middle are gorgeous! That is one attractive kid. I caught Olivia making an entry in her Hello Kitty diary about Brent last night. She got all embarrassed when she saw me and threw the diary at me. She's a diva.

Anyways, can you send me that recipe for the crockpot chicken? Or can you just send me a ziplock baggie of it?

Mom of 2 Cuties said...

Ave loves black beans! Don't lie..you know you keep him in a diaper ALL day long...barefoot and in a diaper at wal mart!

Mel said...

That recipe sounds really good! Brent is SO cute. I agree with Katie...good luck on the next diaper.

shannon said...

I love love love that last pic. I love that kid! That meal does sound scrumptous! I need that one. So far you have never steered me wrong with the Crockpot meals! I love what Katie said about his next diaper!