Thursday, June 26, 2008

Almost there!!

The time is ticking by in this pregnancy and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I just have to get through the next 4 weeks in July and I am DONE! I went and saw the doctor today and we debated and went back and forth about the whole C-Section ordeal. She finally told me what she thought I should do and I am going to listen to her. I feel calm with it, so it seems like a good plan. They are going to go ahead and have the C-Section on the schedule for the last week in July. IF I go into labor on my own before that, then I will do a regular birth. If 39 to 40 weeks rolls around and this baby girl hasn't made any attempts to come, then I will just go with the scheduled C-Section. I am going to keep my fingers crossed that I go into labor on my own and avoid a C-Section, but at the same time, I don't want to go through the trauma of what I went through with Brent. I'll take a C-Section over delivering another 10 1/2 pound baby. So only time will tell! I have a feeling I'll end up with a C-Section and it's ok. I've come to terms with it... :)

I had a my baby shower last night. It was alot of fun and we had some good laughs. My favorite was the string game where people have to guess how big your belly is with the piece of string. Now, I know I am huge, but COME ON... haha. Some peoples strings were 3 times as long as my actual waist and were dragging on the ground. I watched Scott's cousin cut her piece of string. Then, she looks over at me and is eyeing my belly and the next thing I know, she is desperately trying to stretch it out. Needless to say, EVERY single persons string was too long... it was too funny. We got our crib bedding and mobile, a bunch of cute clothes and blankets, bunches of diapers, some bottles and bibs, and BEST of all- a DOUBLE STROLLER!!! I am so excited about that one and definitely didn't expect it. Now I won't be house bound with 2 little ones.. I can leave the house after all. :)

Here are some cute pictures of Brent playing on the floor with his Dad. Scott will go and lay on the floor and Brent immediately starts squealing and laughing and runs over and crawls all over him and lays on him. Scott just eats it up! There is also a cut out in the wall by the fireplace in our family room. I can't put anything in it because Brent has decided it's his new hang out. He crawls inside of it periodically through the day and hangs out!












2 comments:

Katie said...

I swear Brent looks more and more like you everyday!

Mom of 2 Cuties said...

He is getting so big! he is such a cutie...love the pics of him and katies husband..oops i mean scott!