In other news, all day Friday I was feeling weird and having weird cramping. Saturday I woke up and felt the same way. I tried just laying down and drinking water and trying to ride it out. I didn't know if they were contractions or a kidney stone- it felt like it was radiating from my back and going to the front. I was OVERLY paranoid when I was pregnant with Brent, so I just told myself to calm down and it would be fine. Well, 2:00 in the afternoon rolled around and it wasn't going away so I called the 24 hr nurse for my insurance. She told me because I was so far along that I should call labor and delivery at the hospital and see what they thought. I called labor and delivery and very specifically told the nurse that I was SURE I was not in labor, but I just didn't feel right. She told me they weren't busy and wanted me to come in just so they could check. When I checked in at the nurses station, they took me back in a room and the nurse handed me a gown and told me to take off my wedding ring. She said "Some people tend to swell up.." I thought- "Hmm..why would I swell up just sitting here??" Then I go into the bathroom to change and I hear her asking Scott "Alright, I need to do a few more things. Are you guys ready for the C-Section?" I almost fell over in the bathroom and Scott quickly informs her that we are NOT there for a C-Section, that I was there to just get checked out. She was totally confused.. to make a long story short, apparently my doctor already had my C-Section set up on the schedule in the computer. When I checked in, the nurse just glanced and saw "28th".. Saturday was JUNE 28th, but my C-Section is scheduled for JULY 28th. It was pretty funny. Good thing we caught onto that or else they would have been trying to wheel me in the operating room! After some apologies on her part, they got me hooked up to the monitors and we found out the baby was happy and healthy with a good heart rate. But sure enough, I was having contractions and it WASN'T all in my head! They had the doctor come in and check me. They said if the contractions were causing a change in my cervix then we would have to go to plan B, but if not, then I just go home and monitor the contractions and buck up! So, he checked and I was 60% effaced, he could feel Sophie's head (negative 2 station- whatever that means), but I was only a finger tip dilated. So, they told me to take it easy and come back if the contractions got closer together or worse. Sunday and today I haven't felt a single one. I don't know what the deal was, but whatever it was, it went away. So, it looks like we'll be riding it out until the 28th, which is now only 28 days away...crazy how time flies.
Here are the requested picture of Sophie's crib-



3 comments:
I just LOVE the ladybugs!! If I EVER get a girl, I just might have to copy you... Cute!
Wow! Well I hope you have a calm rest of the month. Good luck!
I'm glad you are prepared...I might get Jackson's room finished by the time he turns one at the rate I am going.
Post a Comment