Sunday, August 10, 2008

WARNING: LOTS OF PICTURES!! Here are some new pictures of our Sophie. Also, there are some pictures of Brent "kissing her". At first we thought it was SO cute. He walks up to her and puts his mouth on her head. But it is like playing with fire because we never know what he is going to do. Every now and then he will lean in to kiss her, then rear his head back and head butt her instead. It is so scary and I hope she doesn't suffer any permanent brain damage on behalf of her big brother. He does it so fast that I don't have time to stop him. Life has been crazy- I see how easy I had it now with just one! One was cake! Two is rough... and I can't even begin to FATHOM three... good thing we are taking a LONG break before three.. :) I also added some pictures of Sophie's church debut. We took her to sacrament today. It was nice to go to church.

It has been nice having my parents here. I think instead of losing pregnancy weight, I just might be gaining. :) My mom sure is feeding us well and is always cooking yummy things. The C-Section recovery is good. I feel totally recovered and it's been 2 weeks. I don't understand why I can't pick up Brent yet and everyone freaks out if they think I am going to pick him up. That has been the hardest thing. It is hard to still "take it easy" when I feel fine. My scar is healed so well that it is insane to me- I can feel tons and tons of scar tissue behind it, though. Kinda gross! My mom has been doing Sophie's room. She bought a changing table and cute baskets that match her crib and bedding. Then, we found a dresser at salvation army for 20 bucks. My mom and dad refinished it and painted it pink, replaced the knobs with white crystal knobs, and it is absolutely adorable. I wish I was talented like that! The problem is, you think you are "saving money" by going to thrift stores and looking for cool furniture to refinish. But after all the supplies and paint, you end up spending just as much. But it gives you such an accomplished feeling to see the finished result! (Well, it must give my mom an accomplished feeling because I certainly haven't done anything!) I will have to post a picture when it is totally finished. I can't wait to see the final result.















5 comments:

Katie said...

She looks so pretty in her church dress!! I love the bracelet and the headband too, what a cute little girl...

Mom of 2 Cuties said...

I have a lot of comments...
1.I love the pic of Scottie and his little girl..precious!
2. I love the black onesie..too cute.
3. I can't believe you made it to sacrament, props to you, 2 weeks after a c-section is amazing.
4. I think she is the prettiest little girl all dressed up for church, love the bracelet too...tell mom to make me some!!

Mom of 2 Cuties said...

oh, and if i didn't say enough..one more thing...Avery does the head butt to Delaney ALL the time, but its a "love" head butt, when we say give kisses goodnight to D, she gives her a head bump...

ShelbeeDawn said...

I love the little black dress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diana said...

Sophie looks so pretty in pink. She is a cutie! Where's Morgan?