Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Rub a Dub Dub- It's the Crabtree Babies in the TUB





We've reached a milestone at our house. Our kids took a bath together today. Brent finally allowed us to stick Sophie in with him. Sophie was in HOG HEAVEN! She thought she was a big girl hanging out in the tub with her brother.

Remember how I said in an earlier post that I'm guilty of leaving random diet coke cans around the house? (It drives Scott nuts). Well, I must have left an empty one somewhere within my little man's reach. I was putting my makeup on this morning and I thought it was a little too quiet, which is never a good sign. So I started searching for him. When he doesn't respond after I call his name, then I know FOR SURE he is hiding because he is up to no good. Where did I find him??





I caught him using the empty diet coke can TO SCOOP UP WATER OUT OF THE TOILET BOWL AND DRINK. That's right. It was a proud moment in my life, seeing my son drink toilet water out of a diet coke can. I stood there in complete shock, wanting to start gagging. Instead, I yelled for Scott to bring the camera. Filming it was the only way to not freak out! Did I mention he was also standing in about an inch of toilet water and the part of the bathroom that has carpet was soaked? After all the water he dumped out AND drank (gag me), there wasn't a whole lot left in the toilet. All I could do was laugh!

The nastiest part of this whole situation was the RING of filth I noticed in the toilet after he was playing in it. We JUST moved in this house last week, and the toilet he was playing in was in the kids bathroom. We have 2 other bathrooms and because my kids aren't potty trained, I've never even taken a glance in the toilet- the lid has been shut for the past week. I got a good glimpse of the ring of filth in it as I was watching Brent take a swig of the yummy water, though. Totally gag worthy, is it not?! Fun times! Here he is on video "telling" me all about it. I think he is speaking Japanese, or something.

5 comments:

Katie said...

toilets are like magnets for kids... i don't get it!

Mom of 2 Cuties said...

Not soo bad... I found Delaney "brushing" her teeth while dipping the toothbrush in the toliet!

Steve and Rebecca said...

That is so funny that Brent did not want Sophie in the bath with him!! I still bathe Ryan and Megan together and they love splashing and have the best time together in there.

shannon said...

That was nasty. Hailey watched the video with me and you know how she feels about a toilet. She was pretty grossed out. I love how proud Brent was though! Cute bath pics, I miss those two.

Team Howsley said...

thanks for the laugh, morgan!