Sunday, January 17, 2010

Special Day

Today we made a drive up to visit the cemetary where Scott's Dad is buried. His Grandpas from both sides along with his paternal grandmother are also buried there. It was so neat to see all of their headstones. It is a really peaceful place and was SO touching for me to see Scott, walking hand in hand with Brent, to go show him the headstone of his Grandpa whom he has never met. Talk about a tearjerker. Scott had no idea I was clicking away when I took these. SO so neat.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

OK- here is my FAVORITE picture. Scott got really quiet when he walked up to his Dad's grave. It's almost like Brent sensed it and was looking up at his Dad like "What's wrong??" This is when I had to WORK to fight back tears. Again.. DANG those pregnancy hormones!!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

And finally Sophie made her arrival; she was bringing up the rear. She walks slower than a turtle!

Photobucket

Photobucket

This one is so sweet too..

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then we made our way to the other side of the cemetary to see Scott's Grandpa Daily.
It looks like Scott is telling Brent all about his great-Grandpa..

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It was the perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Alright I am not even prego and I was tearing up! What a sweet day!

Katie said...

yep, tearing up here too.