I convinced Scott to take a week off of work in June and we will be loading up the kiddos(and my almost 8 month pregnant body) and driving to Kerrville. We looked at plane tickets, but it would be about $1500 dollars with tickets and a rental car. YOWZERS! We'd much rather spend a few hundred bucks on gas and hotel rooms and enjoy the open road! And besides, our kids actually LIKE the car- snacks and back to back movies on the DVD player- what else could they ask for?
Anyway! I'm so so excited. I love California, but what is the saying? You can take a girl out of Texas, but you can't take Texas out of a girl!
Here is what I'm looking forward to (besides seeing all my friends and family, of course!)
Seeing cattle on the side of the road! The most wildlife I see out here is the ocassional dead squirrel on the side of the road. And BLUEBONNETS! Ahhh. Although, I'm pretty sure the bluebonnets will be gone by the time we get there.

All you Texans know that these doesn't need any explaining.

The good old Guadalupe River

Some REAL BBQ! I don't think Scott has been introduced to Rudy's, and I plan on giving him a PROPER introduction to good bbq!

The Riverwalk..

And with all the good, we'll take the bad (crazy heat, humidity, mosquitos, need I go on?)
I CAN'T WAIT!
5 comments:
and don't forget the armadillos!
You know of all the people I have met since we have been in the Air Force-a lot of my faves have been Texans. They have been some of the most friendly and kind people! On the way home from my mish I flew thru Dallas and met a family who went out of their way to help a frustrated missionary trying to get home. I love me some Texans!!
I love me one Texan in particular! I sm glad you get to visit home, but as long as it's just a VISIT!
I remember when you were little every time we passed cows, you would point and say, "MOOOO" and later it turned into "MOOOO cows". So, now everytime I see a cow I think of MOOO cows!
Lucky! We are hoping to go the end of July with my 5 month prego body. (Not as bad as you.) I haven't been "home" in like 2 1/2 years. Can't wait.
Post a Comment