Sunday, April 03, 2011

4

April 4, 2007 changed my life. I became a Mother. I marveled at the (not so little) miracle that we created and felt overwhelmed with love for this litle human that Heavenly Father trusted us enough to raise.




My goal in raising my kids is to not have any regrets. I don't want to look back and feel like I didn't enjoy them enough. And of course I have my bad days, but 90% of the time, I am confident in knowing I give my kids everything that a Mother can give them. I drink in their smiles and their sweet laughs. I always catch myself staring at their ever diminishing baby wrists and I USUALLY - without hesitation- drop whatever I'm doing when I hear Brent say "I need to cuddle you."

After a year of marriage, and many months of trying to have a baby with no luck, I remember praying to Heavenly Father and making a bargain with him. I remember asking if He'd just give me a baby, I wouldn't need anything else. No material posessions, no earthly prizes, nothing. Nothing was more important to me than having a baby. After almost 9 months of seeing a NEGATIVE sign on pregnancy tests, my heart almost burst out of my chest when I saw the positive.

I think I've had such a hard time in school and trying to figure out my academic aspirations because in reality, there has never been, and never will be, anything I've wanted to do more than to be a Mom. Brent fulfilled my biggest dreams. Sophie and Lily have been icing on the cake, but it was Brent who initiated me into Motherhood.

The past 4 years have gone by in the blink of an eye. I'm scared to blink again because I know if I'm not careful, he'll be 18 and have facial hair before I know it. In the meantime, I'm going to keep on soaking him up and marveling at his big brown eyes. He is the sweetest and smartest little boy and I am SO, SO, SO thankful that I am his Mom.

We had a fun weekend celebrating with family. He was SO excited and little does he know, his actual birthday isn't until tomorrow. We love our little man child!


4 comments:

Katie said...

Happy Birthday Brent!!

Jill said...

Happy Birthday Brent!

shannon said...

Aww, what you wrote about being a mother was so sweet! This last year, I have been trying to do that too, since I no longer have to work, and soaking in Addy is easy because she is my last baby, but it's not always so easy dropping everything for the older ones, but I feel the same way, I am going to wake up in like 10 years and wonder where my sweet little girls went!!??

Josie said...

I love this post. Happy Birthday, Brent!