Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter

This is one of my ALL TIME favorite paintings. It is called "Hope" and the artist is Liz Lemon Swindle. I first saw it a few years ago and it literally brought tears to my eyes. The artist said (of the painting):

"When Mary came to the tomb, she found the stone rolled away and the tomb empty. She ran to the disciples crying, "They have taken away the Lord…and we know not where they have laid him" (John 20:2). Peter and John immediately ran to the tomb.

What did they think as they ran? Were they simply curious to see for themselves? Did they fear, like Mary, that their enemies had stolen the body? Or did they remember His promise, "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up"?

The decision that faced Peter and John that Sunday morning is the same decision that faces each one of us today. Will we doubt? Will we hope? Or will we know that He lives? I know that He lives."

Photobucket

As I've gotten a bit older, I think Easter has become my favorite holiday. I love the hope and promise that the Resurrection brings. And this picture?! It gives me chills. I can't imagine how Peter and John (and especially Mary) felt that day.

On to a completely lighter topic, here are some pictures of the Crabtree kids! The Easter bunny came to our house on Saturday morning and then Sunday we had a great day at church (emotional for me- our last Sunday in our ward before we move- I shed some tears!) and then went to Grandma's for dinner and an Easter egg hunt. My kids have consumed ENTIRELY too much candy over the past two days and I am toying with the idea of making them go on some type of cleanse to get all this junk out of their bodies! Not really, but they need a LONG break from sugar!

I'm gonna post what will seem like tons of the same pictures- but these kids just crack me up (when they aren't making me crazy)! Their facial expressions are priceless.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Happy Easter!

5 comments:

Jill said...

Happy Easter! Cute pictures...and Morgan, you look glamorous in the last picture :)

Katie said...

No offense to your handsome man-child, but those two girls of yours are TO DIE FOR CUTE. Seriously I just want to look at them all day. So adorable.

Heather said...

Your babies are so beautiful!! You look hot!! THank you for you words-and I don't think I have ever seen that painting, but I am gonna look for it-I love it!

K and Em said...

Darling pictures!!

shannon said...

I have never seen that painting, but I love it! I was totally talking about that to my Sunday School class on Sunday about how they must have felt that day! I wish I would have known about that painting! Love the pictures of the kids in their Sunday best. Those kids get their good looks from their aunt Shannon.