Sunday, November 13, 2011

Thankful Turkeys

Last week was my week to teach our preschool co-op and we worked on the number 11. We did "Thankful Turkeys" and came up with 11 things we were thankful for. Some of the kids' responses were hysterical. One little girl looked at me completely seriously when I asked her what she was thankful for and responded, "Unicorns." I love this preschool age.

Here is a picture of Sophie's turkey.. Brent and Soph's responses were cute.


Brent said:

1) Books
2) Grass
3) My Friends
4) Mommy
5) The kitchen (how random is that one)
6) Eyes
7) Teagan (one of his buddies)
8) Jesus
9) My House
10) Daddy
11) Shapes

Sophie said:

1) Eyes
2) Turkeys
3) My Friends
4) Belle (as in Belle from Beauty and the Beast)
5) Me (I'm assuming she was talking about herself)
6) Mommy
7) Daddy
8) Jesus
9) Flowers
10) Mermaids
11) Sofia (her buddy)

I've got to write all this stuff down...I don't ever want to forget how innocent they are!

Life just got a whole lot busier at our house! I got called to be Primary President (I just about passed out when the Bishop met with us..talk about a deer in headlights) and I'm overwhelmed/excited/terrified/thrilled/freaked out all rolled into one. It'll be a learning experience, that's for sure!

Lily is still walking around the house like a maniac- it's hilarious! She's soooo tiny and it just doesn't look right to see this little miniature person walking around. I seriously think her legs are maybe 6 inches long. Ok, maybe that's an exaggeration, but still- she's got the shortest legs and smallest feet ever. Whenever she has something she's not suppposed to have, we say, "Lilyyyyyy..bring that to Mommy/Daddy"- she will look at you, laugh, and then take off running. Little stinker!!

I've got to get better with taking pictures- next post I'll have lots of them! (I promise, Mom and Dad!!) :)

3 comments:

Liz said...

Primary President will be so fun! Fair warning, one of my dear friends is the primary president in our ward and she hates sunday mornings because her phone rings non-stop. Keep your list of substitutes handy! You will be awesome and the kids will love you! I almost want to fly out for your first primary program. lol

Wendell said...

Congratulations on the new calling! You will do a fantastic job.

I love thankful turkeys!!

Jamie R.

Jill said...

Wow! Good luck with your new calling. I know it will be a lot of work, but you will do GREAT.