Our sweet little Lil is 18 months old! She is going to nursery (not exactly willingly, but nontheless, she is going) and is getting to be such a big girl! We officially took away her bottles and it hasn't been pretty. If I so much walk TOWARDS her with a sippy cup of milk, she starts screaming at me. If I put the sippy cup on the tray of her highchair, then I better DUCK as fast as I can, because 9 times out of 10, she will CHUCK the cup across the room. No joke.. she may not talk, but she sure doesn't have any problems getting her message across... :) Needless to say, she isn't exactly adapting to the process of us taking away her bottle very well. Maybe that's why they say to do it at a year old??? haha!
More about Lily.. she is still not talking- AT ALL. We're working on that. Part of me starts getting extremely anxious when I think about it and I start to worry that she will have the same speech problems that Brent had, but then I realize that Brent has turned out fine and has completely caught up. So if she does have some speech problems, OH WELL. I'm not gonna fret about it! She's too dang cute. She is still OH SO LITTLE and I can't find the measurements, but I think her height was in the bottom 15th or 20th percentile. That is quite a change for me- Sophie and Brent were always at the top of the charts at that age. She still wears a size 3 shoe (which is what a 6-12 month old wears, I believe). She can wear some size 4 sandals, but they are roomy. :) She also is quite fearless. If I turn my back for ONE second when we are playing outside, she will be halfway down the street, running away from me and laughing while she's doing it. The louder I yell for her to stop and the closer I get to catching up to her, the faster she runs and the more she laughs. The other day my neighbor rang the doorbell and I started talking to her for TWO seconds- before I knew it, I saw Lily all the way down the street out of the corner of my eye. She somehow escaped out the front door without me seeing her (because she's so dang short) and just took off. She also has an affection for turning off the computer when I'm in the middle of writing a paper. When I sneak away to do homework, she will sneak away from Scott's supervision, quietly walk in my bedroom, and by the time I see her little hand out of the corner of my eye, my computer screen is going black because she's already shut down the computer. She knows exactly which buttons to push; the computer AND mine! :)
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH we love her though. I just can't take it. Sometimes I feel like I'm going to burst when I look at her. I'm so blessed to get to be a mother. It's the only thing I've ever wanted to do and sometimes I have to pinch myself when I realize how lucky I am to raise these 3 little souls. They are so sweet (when they aren't acting crazy- just keeping it real).
Scott and I have been making updates to our house since we bought it and it's so exciting seeing things come together! We had crown molding installed a few weeks ago and yesterday my new baby was installed- I'm so in love..
I snapped this picture when they were still in the middle of installing it, but you get the idea! The guys that did it were amazing. I gave them a picture of what I wanted and they built it exactly like the picture.
Brent has started T-Ball again and I'm not looking forward to saturday morning baseball games...I am looking forward, however, to seeing his cute little noggin in a batting helmet. Sophie is anxiously awaiting her birthday so that she can play T-Ball too.
Friday, February 24, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
love lily!!
oooh, I can't wait to see you, your kids, and your house!!!
Post a Comment