These two really do love each other. The difficult moments with them are lessening and they play so well together. They literally are joined at the hip; they go to preschool together every day and Sophie really doesn't know life without Brent. I think when he goes to Kindergarten next year she is going to have a rough time! As difficult and crazy as it has been having children 15 months apart, I'm starting to see the beauty in it. Poor Lily is always the odd man out!
I have to write about our sweet Sophie because if I don't write it down, I'll forget. I think Sophie may have been meant to be born to my sister, Katie (I'm so thankful she wasn't... haha). I say this because I've never seen a 3 year old that is a neat freak! Scott is pretty OCD with keeping things clean so she must have gotten it from him, because it certainly didn't come from me! She keeps the door to her bedroom closed at all times because HEAVEN FORBID her little sister goes in there and messes something up. Whenever I put laundry away or go into her room for some reason throughout the day, I intentionally leave her door open. She must have a sixth sense because seconds later, I will hear her door shut. She will run from across the house, not saying a word, and quietly shut her door and go about her business. It is so funny! If Lily somehow sneaks in, it as if Sophie's world is going to end. She frantically shrieks, "MOMMY!!!!!!!!! GET HER OUT!!!!! GET OUT, LILY! MOMMYYYYYYYY! GET HER OUT OF MY ROOM!! HURRRRRY! SHE IS GOING TO MESS SOMETHING UP!!!" Lily COMPLETELY stresses her out. Lily runs through the house like a tornado, leaving a path of destruction behind her. Sophie likes everything in order and she looks completely disgusted by Lily half the time. It is the funniest thing to watch! It is like a flashback to my childhood. My sister Katie is a clean freak and completely OCD about having her things in order; growing up I could CARE less about it and was completely care free with my organizational skills. I think it completely stressed out my sister to have to share a room with me. My side of the room was a pig sty; you could put a white glove to hers. Whenever Sophie isn't willing to let Lily in her room, Scott threatens her and says, "Sophie, if you don't let your sister in your room, I will MOVE HER in your room. Want to share a room with Lily? No? Then be nice and let her in your room!!"
Sophie's favorite past time is- you guessed it- cleaning her room. She also isn't a fan of sandals because her feet get dirty. When she comes home after we've been out, she will quietly go find the wipes, sit down, take her sandals off, and wipe her feet completely down. It cracks me up. I think it secretly makes Scott proud. :)
I love watching the little personalities develop in my children.
Sunday, April 22, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I think you are right, Sophie was meant for ME!! I love her... I love that she is a neat freak!
What great pictures of those two!!
I can totally appreciate Sophie's tendency to have things organized (I was the same way as a child). Glad they have become good playmates :)
Post a Comment