Monday, February 03, 2014

Little Miracles and a Bumbo Seat

I wanted to write this down so I wouldn't forget it! Over the Christmas break, Brent came home from hiking and was covered in an awful rash. After several doctor visits (2 pediatricians were stumped as to the nature of the rash) our pediatrician finally figured out what it was (hot tub folliculitis...crazy). Anyway, the rash was so awful and as a mother, I was worried about him going to school with it because although it wasn't contagious, kids are mean and I was worried what other kids might say. After almost 2 weeks of antibiotics and lots of prescription creams, I realized we didn't think to give him a blessing. The Sunday before school started Scott and our home teacher gave Brent a blessing. We came home from church, I took Brent's clothes off to help him get dressed, and my mouth dropped open: the rash was GONE. The red bumps had disappeared. Tears filled my eyes and I was so thankful to Heavenly Father who was mindful of a worried mother. Brent went to school the next morning and the rest was history....

That same week Kendall sat in a bumbo sear for the first time. I think she liked it. :)

No comments: