Saturday, November 08, 2014

Kendall is 1

Our baby is officially not a baby anymore. It makes me so sad but I'm excited to keep watching her grow. She's a fun little girl and we all just ooh and ahh over her all day, ever day. After we brought her home from the hospital, I wondered how long the honeymoon phase would last with the older kids. I thought their obsession with her would fade away, but a year later, it's still going strong. They fight over who gets to go talk to her in the morning when she wakes up, fight over who gets to hold her while she drinks a bottle, and they all hover over her all day. Sophie is a little mother and I rely on her so much! It's awesome- she is always happy to go find her or be on baby duty while I take a shower. This was the fastest year of my life but we've just enjoyed having this little strong spirit in our home!! She can definitely hold her own and is already proving to be a bit scrappy; if the kids come towards her to try and pick her up and she doesn't want them to, as soon as she sees them approaching her, she will scream at the top of her lungs and start flailing her arms to swat them away. It's too funny. She plays peek-a-boo ALL DAY LONG. As soon as you go to get her from her crib in the morning, she immediately covers her eyes to play. When you say, "How big is Kendall?" She throws her arms up in the air. She points to her tummy and feet when you ask her where they are, she starts licking and smacking her lips when she's hungry, and says "mama-mama-mama" and "da da da".







No comments: