Saturday, April 22, 2006

Cars! Oh how fun...

So... this picture was taken a week or two after my accident. Yes, once again, airbags WILL BURN YOU! The insurance company wants us to take pictures every day for the claim. I'm sure the girls down at target that develop them film get nauseated when we walk in. :) Not fun to look at, but it's my reality! I can't wear short sleeve shirts, Im totally insecure in them. People tend to scare like I have a horrible case of exzema or something. My favorite is when they offer advice like "What happened?! IS that a burn? Honey, you need some aloe vera." I look at them and want to say "Wow. Thanks. You are so insightful. I never thought of putting aloe vera on my burns." They aren't as red any more, but the marks that show in the picture are the marks that will scar my arms. Lovely.

So, we finally got my car out of the shop yesterday. About $7,000 worth of damage. It looks brand new. Well, the front part is I guess. We are leaving the grocery store and Scott sees a nail sticking out of my tire. That's just what we needed!! A day after getting our car out of the body shop, where it was FOR A MONTH, it goes straight back into our friends at Goodyear to get it's tire fixed. I think I'll take a bike instead. Way less problems. And, they don't have airbags.

1 comment:

Em said...

Mammy-
Just thought I'd make a little comment because I know what it feels like when NOBODY comments! Makes you feel like all your writing is for no reason! Your burns are awful-I'm so sorry! I had no clue airbags could do that. At least you were in a good car and didn't break something. Scott takes good care of you. Maybe you can try Merderma for the scarring? Also-I think I might have to cancel my tanning membership as well. Yikes.