So.. I am not the best blogger. I have been neglecting my blog. I have so many random thoughts bouncing off my head (what's new, right?)..
First of all.. I am almost in week 11 of the pregnancy. I'm ready for the first trimester to be over and done with! I walked in the house Friday after scott and I went out for dinner, and for SOME reason, I puked all over OUR CARPET. Yeah. Nice one... poor scott. He tried to help clean it up, then he started gagging. I think the last time I didn't make it to the toilet was when I was OH- ABOUT FIVE???? Shame on me.. moving on..
So, I was on the plane 2 weeks ago and I was feeling pretty sick. (My flight left at 6 in the morning- right when I'm feeling at my worst!) Anyway, I have my head almost in between my legs, trying not to hurl in the lovely brown paper bags they provide for you, when this woman sitting next to me asks me if I am ok. I told her yes, and left it at that. But did she leave it alone? No! She keeps pestering me for what's wrong, and I finally tell her I am pregnant and have morning sickness and bla bla bla. She then proceeds to hand me her card- which I will probably have to scan in, and tells me she is a clairvoyant/psychic, and that my baby was talking to her. I looked at her and said "OH REALLY..." HOW DO YOU RESPOND TO THAT?! Next she tells me that I am going to have a red headed girl (yikes) and she will be very artistic and will have psychic powers herself. She told me that my baby would not stop talking to her and that the baby wanted to send me a message. I said "Ok.. what's that?" She said "She says she is sorry for making you so sick, but she is unhappy because of all the toxins in your body. If you would take milk thistle tablets twice a day, she would be happier." By this point, I am staring at this crazy woman NOT KNOWING what to say to her. As a side note, she was drinking vodka and orange juice for BREAKFAST so who knows if it was the alcohol talking, or "the baby"... yikes.
Scott and I went to the fish store on Saturday. He has always loved fish- he has been a scuba diver for a long time and has seen awesome fish in Hawaii when he goes diving there. He has always wanted a salt water tank, but everyone always says it's so much work and bla bla bla. WELL... MERRY CHRISTMAS IN AUGUST! We walked out of the fish store with a brand new 29 gallon Oceanic Bio-Cube. (check out their website..they have some cool tanks! http://www.oceanicsystems.com/
ANYWAY.. oh the headaches that go into these darn things! I was assuming we would buy the tank AND walk out with bags of fish all in one day. HA! i had no idea what goes into this. First you have to get the salt water right, the sand right, bla bla bla. Today we went and bought 19 pounds of live rock. This brings me to the title of the blog. I am no biologist, but did I miss the part in school where they talk about rock being alive?? Scott has tried to explain coral, and all that stuff to me and I just don't get it... Anyway. Next week hopefully the climate will be good where we can add fish. I am just hoping we don't have an earthquake anytime soon... or we might end up with live rock and 29 gallons of water sitting in our living room floor... I will post pictures when it's up and running better!
p.s. not the smartest purchasing desicion we have ever made, by the way. We don't have a crib, but by golly we have a pretty sweet fish tank.... aughgh!!
ADIOS!
Monday, August 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Welcome to the fish club!
Post a Comment