Sunday, September 24, 2006

I Love Sundays

Is that not the cutest picture? My sister in law sent it to me today of my niece and nephew, Cade and Afton. Afton is the cutest in her little gauchos.. : ) It stinks- we live on the west coast and they are our complete opposite, making their home on the east coast in North Carolina. Everyone should just compromise and live in Texas- that's my opinion anyway!

This weekend was a very productive one. I woke up with a burst of energy and started cleaning. I nailed Scott's office, our bedroom, our bathroom, and the guest bathroom. AND I vaccumed. Yeah. Tell me about it.. I'm pretty good.

After my cleaning rampage, Scott and I and our friends Josh and Andrea went and played golf. We had a 1:30 tee time and we were there just in time, sitting in our carts and ready to tee off at the first hole. Well, it was backlogged a bit, and there were 4 people ahead of us, so we waited back for a while. When it was finally time for us to tee off, of course there were already a group of professional looking golf players tapping their feet- already impatient. We should have known right then and there to let them go ahead of us, but we decide to be big shots and go. Josh goes first- he is a really good player, but for some reason, drives the ball off into Egypt somewhere. Scott goes and I'm not really sure where his ball went either. Andrea and I move up a bit to tee off where the ladies start and I made a fool of myself, which was to be expected. By now, the professional looking golfers behind us realize they will be waiting awhile, and I'm sure they weren't too happy about it. Well, we weren't even to the green yet when the "golf marshall" who is apparently the police of the golf course drives up in his cart and politely asks us if we can step aside and let the gentlemen behind us go. Jerks. We were playing at frickin Cherry Hills Golf Course where you can play 18 holes and rent a cart for 25 bucks. Not the place you go if you are a golf superstar. That's what orange county is for. Well, the rest of the afternoon followed that same pattern. We had to move aside and let people pass us. I can't wait until we are all better and we can tell all those people to STICK IT! : ) Am I being crude? Probably..but these people were unbelievable.

After golf, we went home and showered and met Josh and Andrea for dinner. We went and got ice cream afterwards and I asked the guy for a sample of one of the flavors. Well, typically they give you one of those small spoons to try it out. He was looking around for a spoon, and he couldn't find one. So, he reaches for the can with all the USED spoons in them. There is a sign on the can that says "already loved it spoons". As he is reaching, I immediately start to say something when he turns and asks his co-worker "Hey, do we have any spoons?" She tells him they are all out, so he turns and PROCEEDS to grab a used spoon for me to use.. I say "Um.. aren't those used- I don't want to use one of those." He shrugs and keeps reaching for one, as our friend Josh says sarcastically "Man, Morgan, can you be any more demanding?? What's the problem, you don't want someone's "hep"??" Finally the kid finds some clean spoons and mumbles "Sorry- I'm new." It was pretty funny... but come on. New or not- that should be common sense- customers PROBABLY don't want to taste a sample on someones used spoon....

I'm off to enjoy what's left of Sunday. The only bad thing about Sunday is the reality that hits about 7:00, realizing you have to go to work the next day. I can not tell you HOW many times I sit at my desk and think "5 more months. I can do it.. 5 more." I have one giant countdown in my brain ticking away until I can stay at home with the baby. I have visions of watching tivo'd episodes of my favorite shows and kicking back; I obviously have never had a baby before. From what I hear, it's no picnic! But I can tell you I would take it hands down over sitting at work with raunchy people all day...

No comments: