This weekend was overall, uneventful! Friday night we went to see The Guardian. It kept me entertained, which says alot. It definitely wasn't the best movie I've ever seen... it made me realize how much the ocean terrifies me. I told Scott after the movie that if I was in a helicopter at night, in a wet suit, fully equipped with life jacket, goggles, and trained professionals that would jump in behind me- and as the helicopter flew over the ocean if they gave me the choice to A) jump in the raging ocean at night WITH a promise to retrieve me afterwards, or B) SHOOT myself...... sadly folks, I'd have to choose the latter. I honestly think I would rather shoot myself than jump in the ocean at night. It sends shudders through my spine thinking about it....
This fear of water has always been with me. Growing up in the hill country of Texas, we had the beautiful Guadalupe River running through our town. Guess what creature lives in that beautiful river? Water moccasins. They are mean little suckers and extremely poisonous. At a young age I was in the river with my sisters and my mom started screaming at us to get out of the water- yeah, we were being chased by a water moccasin.
Ever since this happened, I have been extremely weary of any type of water except a swimming pool, the Frio River which is clear, and my bathtub. Even on our honeymoon, in beautiful Cancun where the water is perfectly clear, I clutched onto Scott for dear life.
As a kid we would go to Galveston...yuck. After living in California, I see what an ocean SHOULD look like! (no offense to anyone who loves Galveston...). Anyway, I watched my best friend Christie Young get stung by a jellyfish in the murky, brown water of Galveston. This was not long after the water moccasin episode. That was the final straw... I am just not great in water with creatures in it.
Scott's dad has a huge, brand new fancy boat. Every now and then we take it from Long Beach and make the hour trip over to Catalina island (which is absolutely beautiful by the way). The whole family has fun, laughs, and loves hitting big bumps. I, on the other hand, usually spend my time holding on for dear life, asking where the life jackets are, and asking Tim to slow down. I have spent the last few times underneath laying on the couch praying for it to all be over.
So, the Guardian was good.... just freaks me out a little bit. It just fed my already neurotic brain..
Saturday we slept in- until the late hour of 8:00. I find it sad that sleeping in for us is anywhere from the 7:3o to 8:00 range. In my earlier days Josie and I would stay awake until 4:00 a.m doing who knows what, and wake up at the early hour of 1:00 p.m.... my how times have changed. Scott asked if I wanted to go for a walk. I was a little taken back by this request. I ALWAYS beg him to go on walks with me, and I usually get shot down. So for him to suggest it on Saturday morning, I didn't know what to think of it. As we set off on our walk, I said "So, is your reasoning for wanting to go a walk with me generated from the worry that I am going to gain 60 pounds when I am pregnant?" He quickly assured me that this was not the case...he just wanted to go on a walk.
I still think stretch marks and alot of baby weight freak him out a little, although he would never admit it!
After our walk we went to lunch at Maccaroni Grill where we didn't eat our food because the bread is so dang good. Then, I was allowed to go to Target to get a new table runner and place mats. Our old ones had to go.
Now I am sitting here. I just looked at the time and I am going to be seriously late to church. I better hop to it!!
Sunday, October 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment