Friday, October 27, 2006

Scott

This little blog is dedicated to Scott. Why, might you ask? Well, tonight we were coming home from eating dinner, and he mentioned that he had read my blog. He always gets SO excited when I blog. He loves to sit and read what I write about.. (I don't know why, it's definitely nothing special). Anyway, tonight as we were sitting at a red light, he says "I love your blogs. Especially the ones about me." Of course, he was joking. We both just started cracking up, and I said "You just bought yourself a blog all about you, and you better believe I am going to write what you just said." In between laughs, he begged me not to, but he knew I would do it. : ) So, Scott- there ya go.
Because this is dedicated to Scott, I am going to write a few of the things that I love about him...

  • How he tells me in the car to "lock in" and he holds out his hand. "Lock In" means "hold my hand".
  • How, despite ALL of my flaws that he is very aware of, he still calls me "Perfect". Most husbands call their wives "honey", "sweetie", or some other cute name- he calls me "perfect". Seriously... whenever we are all around my family, they crack up when they hear him say that. They all comment on how I obviously have him fooled.
  • He is my best friend. And we have alot of fun together- he gets my sense of humor and thinks it's funny
  • he knows all of my deep dark secrets.... and still loves me
  • he lets me have the "good" pillow at night
  • he typically gets my breakfast together while i am frantically running around the house trying to make it out the door by 7:45.
  • i can ask him stupid questions, and he thinks it's cute
  • he has never, EVER yelled at me, or even raised his voice. he is so calm and cool all the time.
  • i've never heard a filthy word come out of his mouth. that's a rarity these days- even for members of the church.
  • he loves going to the temple

I could go on and on.. but that's all for now.

So, changing the subject (sorry Scott), Southern California is ON FIRE. Yesterday it was SO bad, that it was literally raining ash. The sky was orange and every time you took a breath, you inhaled tons of smoke. It's disgusting. I got in my car this morning, and it smelled like I have been smoking in it for the past year. Yuck. The fire is totally out of control. It is burning about 45 miles away from us, but with the Santa Ana winds blowing in this direction, it brings all the smoke and nastiness into our little valley. I suppose wildfires are better than earthquakes, so I should quit complaining!

On another note, our fish tank is running beautifully. We really think we couldn't do it. (Why am I doing all of this "we" talk- Scott is the one who has done it). All of our fish are still alive and seem healthy and happy! It's been almost 3 months, and we are pretty darn proud of ourselves! Here is a picture...

I know it's not the greatest, I didn't get it big enough. But I am too lazy to redo it, so this will have to suffice! You can see Gil, our clowfish up at the top left. Raul usually hides inside the live rock, and Hector, the other fish is around somewhere, you just can't see him. We love our tank!

No comments: