
I am in complete shock.. it even feels strange to type the words "It's a Boy"... we are so greatful and feel so blessed that he is healthy and strong, so I couldn't ask for more. I had always pictured having a girl, so when the reality of it set it that we were going to have a boy, I started worrying! I feel like there is so much that goes in to raising a boy that is strong in the church, that will get his eagle scout, that will serve a mission, marry in the temple, have the motivation and drive to go to college to be able to support a family one day, to know how to treat a lady with respect. And the burden of doing that is on Scott and I! WHEW. I'm up for the challenge....
Today was my 2nd ultrasound, where they checked out all the major organs and made sure everything was ok with the little ones development. We actually saw the heart pumping; it was amazing to see the little muscle contracting and beating. The baby was also opening his mouth like he was yawning or talking, and he was holding on to his ankles... it was pretty cute. The doctor had NO doubt that it was a boy, and the picture I uploaded doesn't show it, but they gave us one picture that was a close up of this "boy parts". So... now we just have to figure out a name! Go figure that we had only decided on a girls name... 4 more months to worry about it....
So, I've basically been on cloud 9 all day. I went out with Scott's mom and sister and between the 3 of us, we came home with several little boy outfits. Oh the fun of it all...
I'm off to go to bed. I don't think I slept a wink last night; I was WAY too excited. I will definitely sleep well tonight...
No comments:
Post a Comment