So, today I am 6 months pregnant. It's gone by pretty quick, but it still feels like I have FOREVER to go...
Today at church, I saw an older lady that I haven't seen in 2 weeks. I think it's been the past 2 weeks that I've really popped. She looked at me and gasped and said "Oh boy, you really are showing now! Are you sure you aren't having twins???" I wanted to smack her (yes, even though she is an old, fragile lady), but instead I politely said "Yup! There's just one baby in there.."
Wednesday evening we are taking a tour of the labor and delivery unit of the ward that we are having the baby. I'm excited to see it. My pregnancy up to now (minus the horrible morning sickness) has been a breeze. I have a feeling the "honeymoon" is over though. The past few days, I have had horrible pain in my pelvis- right on my pubic bone. I feel like its going to snap. I'm fine when I am sitting down, but the second I stand up I feel the pain and pressure and walking isn't too much fun. Hopefully it goes away!
The other day Scott and I were talking, and it hit us that this is happening, and we are going to be parents. Scott said "From here on out, I will ALWAYS be someone's Dad, and you will ALWAYS be someone's Mom." We thought about it and it's true- I still call my mom needing advice and just because I am out of the nest, so to speak, she is still my mom.
Our new ward is coming along nicely. It is neat to see how it went from nothing- ZERO callings to where we are today- just a few weeks later. Sacrament is always interesting, because each week they have about 30 callings to announce and sustain. So far, I've laid low and not made eye contact with the Bishopric, and I haven't had a calling yet. I've had to play the piano in Relief Society, just because they don't have anyone yet, but I don't think I will have to do that much longer. Scott thinks I might not get one right away- since he is Elders Quorum President and is always having gazillion meetings and they know I am about to have a baby in the near future, they might have some pity on us. I'll keep crossing my fingers! It's nice to just be able to show up to church without having to do anything! (Hey, I'm just being honest...)
adios
Sunday, December 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
need pics...need pics...
Post a Comment