Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Holy Cow

So, It is about 6:00 a.m. I am trying to kill some time before I go to work. Scott left at about 5:30 this morning, and I must say we just had the worst night EVER!

Scott woke up at 5:00 am yesterday because he had to work up in Ventura- which is north of LA and a killer to get to because of traffic. Then, he got to drive all the way to San Bernadino for class, and got home last night. This morning will be a repeat of yesterday- he had to wake up at 5:00 am and he is headed up to San Luis Obispo which is pretty farth north. BECAUSE of his early wake up calls, he had to go to bed early. I went to bed when he did, so we were both laying there by 9:30. We were ready to get a good nights sleep. Fate would have otherwise..

First of all, we talked for what seemed like forever and didn't actually go to bed until about 10:00. Then, at 12:30 we were awakened by a horrible, high pitched beeping. The battery in the smoke detector was running low, so this HORRIFIC beeping kept going off every 2 minutes. I was SO ticked off.. I thought I was dreaming and the sound wouldn't go away.. Scott got up to go investigate. We assumed it was coming from the smoke alarm in the hallway, where he could just unhook it so we could get some sleep. Nope. Couldn't be that easy. He realized it was the one IN our bedroom ON THE CEILING. Well, we have vaulted ceilings in our bedroom. Even if we had a LADDER, he couldn't get to the smoke detector. We just sat there staring at each other- completely helpless. I just wanted to cry because I was so tired. I didn't know if we would have to go get a hotel room, blow up the air mattress in the living room, or go sleep in the office- but I assumed that anywhere we went, the horrific beeping would resonate everywhere.

We got up, went in the office, where we have a TERRIBLY uncomfortable bed that has really only been slept in by Josie and Jonah (we don't have visitors too often : ) ). It is not comfortable. Scott pulled out the trundle bed, I was on the actual bed. We shut our bedroom door, shut the office door, and put a fan in the office for noise to drown it out. It worked pretty well, and by the time we were situated it was after 1:00. Scott had to be up at 5:00. Well, about 10 minutes later, I had horrible indigestion (which I started getting as soon as I got pregnant; my doctor tells me it's normal and will go away after I have the baby).. so, I have to CRAWL over scott to make it to the door and into the kitchen for my trusted Tums. I get back in bed and a few minutes later I hear tons of popping- Scott tells me it's just the hot water heater. I start to finally drift off to sleep when I have to go to the bathroom (for the 5th time last night). I won't go on with details of the night, but needless to say, we got ZERO sleep and I feel like a zombie. I feel like last night was a bad dream!

Hopefully tonight will be a little better!

No comments: