I had an interesting experience last week that I meant to write about...So, I know I am pregnant. And I also know that gaining weight is a natural process when you are pregnant, and you should be happy because you are creating a healthy baby. And for the most part, I have ben embracing it.. but that doesn't mean I like it. For the first time since I've been pregnant I just felt miserable about myself because I just didn't feel very attractive... I think it was just one of those "ugly days". I was laying on our bed sulking, while Scott was trying to comfort me.
Next thing I know, he tells me that he has to go to the store. Knowing how he is, I thought "I bet he brings me back flowers.." He is just sweet like that. I didn't intentionally have bad day just so I could get flowers, I just assumed that since I was having a bad day and he had to go to the store, he would bring flowers back for me. Twenty minutes pass by, and I can hear him walking down the hall. Meanwhile, I am still laying in a dark room staring at the wall. Pitiful, I know.
So, I heard him coming and I heard a plastic bag rustling as he approached our bedroom. I thought to myself- he DID bring me flowers!!! I heard the door open to our bedroom, and I saw that he was holding something behind his back... tulips maybe?! I rolled over to look at him, and the rest happened in slow motion.
He brings his arm from behind his back, and hands me something that he thought would make me happy- bless his heart. Tulips? Roses? Umm.. think again.
To my surprise, he hands me a bakery bag from Albertsons with three Chocolate donuts in them. He puts them on my chest and smiles waiting for me to get excited and tell him thank you.
I BURST INTO TEARS and rolled back over and threw the donuts off the bed...
Why would a pregnant lady who is feeling bad about herself, feels fatter than a sea lion, want chocolate donuts?! That was the last thing I wanted to see.... I think I made some comment in between my tears to the extent of "Thanks, I'll eat the donuts and get even fatter..." I was pretty depressed that he thought a chocolate donut would make me happy. I must have given him that impression at some point in time.. .: )
Poor Scott. He had good intentions. But flowers would have been safer. However, I must admit after my pity party about three hours later, I did PARTAKE of one. AND I LOVED IT.
Moving on... last night we had a great night. We went on a double date with some friends of ours, Matt and Jill. When our ward got split a few weeks ago, they stayed in the Murrieta ward. It was fun to go out with them. We went to the California Pizza Kitchen (they have the best tortilla soup), and then we all went and saw the Nutcracker. We were on the 2nd row, I believe. We were extremely close to the stage... well, all was fine and dandy until the "Nutcracker" man came out in his tights, as he was jumping and frolicking a few feet away from us in his tights that didn't leave alot to the imagination. I turned and looked at Jill- I could tell she was trying not to laugh, and finally I whispered "Is he making you as uncomfortable as he is making me?? I am extremely uncomfortable with those tights.." and we both burst out laughing and giggling throughout the rest of the play while our husbands shook their heads at us. We couldn't help it.. the guy was so flamboyantly gay and it was obvious he was LOVING prancing around in his tights... which showed WAY TOO MUCH let's just say..
Afterwards, I asked Scott how he liked the play and he said we sat way too close to the man in tights... next time we'll back it up a few rows.
Scott had to speak in church today. Last Sunday, the Bishop randomly called on him to come up and bear his testimony, and then he had to speak today. Poor guy. He did a good job though.. Now we are off to my mother in laws house for dinner... I love it when I don't have to cook! ADIOS!
Sunday, November 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
you know you loved it! it must of been quite a site! puts a new meaning to the "nutcracker"
Post a Comment