Scott and I spent about three hours yesterday racking our brains for a name. Go figure that we are having a boy, because we had a girls named picked out and ready to go! At the ultrasound last month when we were told it was a boy, I turned and looked at Scott and started laughing. Things are never how you plan them...
I was in the office searching, and Scott was at the kitchen table on his laptop. We didn't want to yell back in forth from room to room saying "Hey, do you like this name?" So, we both got on instant messenger and were communicating back and forth- only one room away in the same house. It was pretty funny.
Since the beginning, Scott loved the name Trenton- we would call him Trent. I just couldn't like it, no matter how much I tried! It reminded me of a guy out of a sleezy romance novel. (I've never even read a sleezy romance novel, by the way.. ) : ) I liked the name Brett. Finally, we were exhausted and sick of talking about names, and we still hadn't decided on anything. I finally threw up my hands and offered to cut a deal with Scott. I told him I would agree on Trenton if I got to name the next boy- and I wanted to name him Benjamin or Samuel. He just started laughing... he hated those names too (go figure), so the deal wasn't made.
A few hours later we are sitting on the couch and Scott turns and said "What about Brent?" We both sat there looking at each other. I LOVED IT! I was pretty proud of him. It is close enough to Trent, to pacify him, and kinda like Brett to suite me.
So, Brent it is.
We were in the car last night and Scott said "And Brent sounds so much like Trent, that if I SLIP UP and call him Trent, it won't be a big deal.." It was so funny. He better not play that game.
Tonight we are going to go see The Nutcracker. I am pretty excited! Hopefully I can make it through the whole show without having to get up and use the restroom every 20 minutes...
adios
Saturday, November 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment