Friday, November 24, 2006

Christmas Bells Are Ringing...

So, it's the day after Thanksgiving. What else is there to do besides shop? Scott and I went to the mall... and WHAT A MISTAKE THAT WAS. It was a complete mad house. We got Scott a few shirts at Macy's.. I attempted to go to Gymboree and Baby Gap, but they were so insanely crowded, that I couldn't stand it. And, their idea of a sale is 25 dollars for cordoury pants for a 3 month old baby. Thats ridiculous... like I am going to go pay money like that for outfits that they are going to spit up on and grow out of in a month... I don't think so! I think I will stick to Target for the baby clothes... when our son is old enough to wear clothes for more than a few months without growing out of them, then I won't feel like an idiot... until then.. it's Target.


This morning we woke up and went to a Christmas Tree Farm!! They may have them in Texas, but I've never seen one there.. we went with Scotts mom so she could pick out a tree and reserve it. Then, when she is ready, she will go back and they chop it down for her. She picked out a massive tree... it goes perfect with her massive house with tall ceilings to fit it in.. unfortunately, Scott and I have to stick to our small, fake Christmas tree for our small living room. : ) That's ok though!


Here are a few pictures of the FARM!





Scott and I posing by his mom's new tree...



Scott and his mom contemplating which tree to pick out...


SOLD! Here is the lucky tree that my mother in law will take home...

I'm off to go start putting Christmas decorations up. Scott and I are debating on whether or not to put up the Christmas tree.. it's a lot of work and we won't even be here for Christmas. We are going to Texas with my family, so we are thinking the Christmas tree won't be gracing us with its presence this year... you better believe Christmas wreaths and the table setting will be up, though!

No comments: