Sunday, December 31, 2006

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Wow. I haven't blogged in a while... life has been busy! How sad is it.. this might just take the record for the most pitiful New Years Eve ever.. Scott is sick, so we couldn't go over to his Aunt and uncles house where everyone is.. instead, we are laying low and eating entirely too much. I think we will go over to his moms and play some games with his sister and her family in about an hour. Anyway!

So, we had a wonderful Christmas in Texas with my family. I didn't know so many people could fit in a small house, but miraculously we did it.. and to top it off, not one person had a cold shower! Talk about a Christmas miracle... We acted out the whole nativity story. I had the pleasure of being Mary "pre-birth" of baby Jesus, and Katie was Mary "post birth"... Scott was a wise man- basically he put a sheet over his head and tied it off with his tie he wore that Sunday at church..




It was so fun to see all of my nieces and nephew. My sister in law Holly is due about a week or two before me, so it was fun to compare bellies! Christmas Eve was a typical one at the Hopkins house.. which means my mother forced all of us to go caroling. Fun times! I suprised Scott with tickets to go see the Ducks and the Kings play at the Staples Center. He was pretty suprised! He did pretty well too, but I must say my favorite gift was an hour pregnancy massage he got for me.. that will DEFINITELY come in handy in a few weeks when I am more miserable!

I am 7 months pregnant now. I can hardly believe how fast it's gone by! He is kicking up a STORM and is very active.. he used to be bashful when Scott would put his hand on my belly, but not now! One of my favorite things is every morning, Scott will put his hand on my stomach and he starts showing off, without fail! I am starting to differentiate the different feelings of a kick versus a punch.. it is the neatest thing in the world. He is sitting here moving around as I type. I don't think I will ever get over it! I sit on the couch the majority of the time with my shirt up watching my belly, waiting to watch it move from kicks. I feel giant, and it seems that every week I get bigger. Scott and I were at the grocery store yesterday, and the guy checking our groceries looks over at me and says "Oh wow. Looks like someone is having a baby! When are you due, this month?". I laughed and had to shoot the poor man down. Then, at the airport as we were flying back to California, I was in the restroom washing my hands. A woman walks in and looks at me and acts startled, as if I'm about to give birth in the restroom that very moment. She said "Oh my goodness! You're about to give birth aren't you?? And it looks as if you will be giving birth very very soon.." I said, as I threw my paper towel in the trash, " If you call March very very soon, then yes.." and proceeded to walk out. People have no tact!! At least i'm not the only one. I have a friend who tells me she was constantly getting asked if she was having twins or if she was due that week, when she still had 2 or more months to go! fun times..


For anyone curious to see the difference... the below picture was taken at 4 1/2 or 5 months pregnant. Granted, I am wearing a black shirt, but I barely had a bump going on. Now, I will post a more recent picture... YIKES!!




And here I am.. I am even bigger now, if you can imagine. This was taken at about 6 months and 3 weeks.. I feel like I've gained weight not only in my belly, but my face, arms, ankles, fingers, and any other body part capable of gaining weight! I am wearing the exact same maternity pants in the two pictures, but I am giving elastic a whole new meaning now!


Scott got me a scrapbook and tons of scrapbooking goodies for Christmas. I was quite shocked he did it himself! I've been wanting to start scrapbooking, but to start it up, all the little gadgets and materials you need can be dang expensive! So, this was perfect.. him getting it for me released me from any guilt! I am excited to start... now I just have to figure out how to do it.

Alrighty, I need to go find something else to eat. As if I need anything else. I only have a little over 2 months to live it up.. and believe me, I intend on doing so!

Happy 2007!

No comments: