Sooo today I had to go in for the glucose testing to screen for gestational diabetes. I know every pregnant woman has to do this, but I was DREADING it all morning... my stomach has been so weak that just smelling something off can send me into a gagging tailspin.
I ate some oatmeal for breakfast at about 8:00, then went into take the glucose test at 10:00. I drank down the nasty stuff, which tasted like sprite with extra sugar minus any carbonation, and had to wait in the lab for an hour so they could draw my blood. Well, on my way to the lab, I was talking to my sister who informed me that everyone she knew had to fast before they took the test. GREAT. My genius self ate oatmeal- which is pure carbs that will turn right into sugar- for breakfast. The lady at the lab told me not to be suprised if my levels come back high. Which, if that is the case, I get the pleasure of going BACK for a retest, where I get to sit in the lab for THREE hours, and they draw my blood once an hour to see how my blood sugars handle the glucose. That would just be a treat.
I immediately called my doctor after I left the lab to see if I blew it, and she assured me that as long as I didn't walk into the lab eating a snickers bar, everything should be ok. So, we shall see. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, because that wasnt a pleasant experience.
Scott and I went and ate dinner at On the Border, and then we were planning on going to the mall afterwards to do some Christmas shopping. I make it through our whole meal without spilling a thing on me, and as I am getting out of the booth (which is becoming ever increasingly difficult the more pregnant I get), I hit my glass of water, which in turn slides across the table and hits a bowl of salsa, which slides onto Scott's lap and dumps ALL over him. Also, I might add that he was wearing a white shirt and light colored jeans. Way to go Morgan. He seriously had salsa EVERYWHERE- all down his shirt, all over his pants, it spilled all over the booth, the floors.... what a mess. Soooo the mall was a no go tonight. Maybe we'll attempt it again tomorrow.
The Biggest Loser finale is on!!! I am SO excited. I love the show- it is so motivating. It is somewhat depressing though to watch it and get motivated, only to remind myself there is not a DANG thing I can do for the next 3 months... so maybe I should get the season on DVD and rewatch it at the end of March. : )
hasta
Wednesday, December 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment