Sunday, January 21, 2007

5 Days and Counting...

So, today is day five of my house arrest/bed rest- call it what you will. It was weird watching Scott get up and get ready for church. I must say it is nice for it to be Sunday evening, and to know that I have ABSOLUTELY nothing to do tomorrow!

Does shopping online on Sunday count as breaking the Sabbath? I've never thought of that before. Today, I was on sephora.com, and right before I hit "check-out", I decided that I better not do it- mainly because Scott might not be too happy! Then, my sister in law said "Good thing- because it's Sunday!"... which got me thinking. I guess it is technically breaking the Sabbath!

I finished the book I was reading. It is called "Follow the River" by James Alexander Thom. It was EXCELLENT. It is one of those books where I feel somewhat depressed now that it is over. I got so absorbed into the characters, that I almost miss them. Sounds bizarre- I know. Now, I am starting to panic because I still have a week and a half left of bedrest, and no book to read. Josie suggested reading "The Good Earth", so I think Scott just might have to go to Barnes and Noble for me tomorrow!

Good news- the lease in our apartment is up in March. We have been worrying about what to do- the Bishop really wants us to stay in the ward, and Scott feels a strong obligation to stay in the ward with his new calling. However, California is not quite like Texas, where you could move anywhere in town and stay in the ward. The ward we are in has quite small boundaries and so we were very limited to where we could go. To rent a 3 bedroom apartment in our complex, they START at $1600 and go up to $2000. Welcome to California. It's ridiculous. So, we don't want to buy until Scott gets out of grad school- one more year. Besides that, there isn't a house in our town that is under $400,000- no joke. Real Estate is just through the roof here. So we only found 2 houses that we could rent in our ward boundaries. One of them wasn't available, and the other is right down the street where we are now, and we were literally COVETING this house. It was our last chance!

Luckily, the owners fell in love with us and decided that if we looked good (after filling out the application), that they would hold it for us until March. It was a blessing straight from heaven! So, we filled out the paperwork and waited all week. On Friday, they called and said that they would love for us to move in. So, they came over to our apartment yesterday and we signed the lease and paid the deposit, and it is ours in March! It is a cute house- 2500 square feet- I don't know WHAT I am going to do with all that space. It has 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms- and one of the bedrooms has been converted to an office with built in shelves covering the whole wall. It will be perfect for Scott. I can't wait to move in and kiss our tiny apartment goodbye! And even better, it is across the street from a middle school and a park, and one street over from a fire station. It's a good location, and we get to stay in the ward. AND DID I mention the massive walk in closet?! Yeah. I'm excited. I'll post some pictures of it when we move in!

Well, I'm off to go do some more of ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. My legs are actually starting to cramp up- I think because they are in shock because they don't move all day. Maybe I should see if "Sit and Be Fit" is on TV tomorrow and I can do finger and feet exercises with the old ladies.

No comments: