Monday, February 26, 2007

yay for us

We got much accomplished today. I think I should give myself a pat on the back. We started taking loads of stuff over to the house. We realized that the baby has already accumulated more stuff than Scott and I have put together!! Lucky little guy. I am trying to take it easy, but it is so hard to let other people do things. I have been having alot of the Braxton Hicks, or "practice" contractions lately. For some reason I only notice them when I am standing up. I guess I am pretty lucky because my visiting teaching companion told me she has been having braxton hicks contractions since she was 26 weeks pregnant!

We found out that our friends Josh and Andrea, that were supposed to help us move on Saturday, can't help anymore. They got a surprise trip to Hawaii!! Poor them! I'm not gonna lie.. I am pretty jealous! The thought of laying on the beach in Hawaii sure beats moving.

Well, my teaching of the 7/8 year olds in Primary yesterday was a BOMB. I couldn't get them to hold still. And, I went way too fast through the lesson, and I was finished in 15 minutes. It felt like I had 25 more minutes with them just sitting there staring at me. So... what did we do? What else- hangman! Then, they started complaining that my words were too easy. I did "Jesus" and "Book of Mormon", and practically got booed out of the classroom. I will be MUCH more prepared next Sunday! It is interesting to teach them though. I am surprised at what some of them don't know. I asked how many of them knew what our temple in San Diego looked like and all of them said they didn't know, except one little girl who asked me if it looked like Cinderella's castle. I guess in a way, it kinda does! It was definitely an interesting bunch of kids.

I'm off to go make Scott entertain me. Lucky him.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I drove by it with my family before i joined the church and my mom said...."I didn't know Disneyland was in San Diego?" I just laughed and told her it was a mormon temple!

Morgan said...

how funny!!