Wednesday, March 21, 2007

the waiting game..

Sooooo, there is still no baby. I am growing pretty restless! At my appointment yesterday, my doctor did something called "stripping the membranes"... she did this because I am dilated to a 3 and 75% effaced. The process is supposed to speed things along. She felt confident that because I had already progressed to a 3 on my own, that once she stripped my membranes, it would kick me into labor within 24 hours. She told me the process would be "slightly uncomfortable", but she definitely understated that just a bit. Right before she started she said "Remember, you agreed to this"- that should have sent a warning bell off in my brain to let me know I was in for it! Not a fun experience. Some women I have talked to said it was HORRID pain, which is what I felt, and some I have talked to said it barely hurt. I'm not quite sure what the deal is with that. I left her office feeling extremely crampy and thinking I was about to go into labor!! HA- was I dead wrong. Instead.. slowly the cramps subsided, and here I am 36 hours later, and absolutely nothing is happening. My sister in law had this done and she was in labor 48 hours later. So, maybe I'll give it another day... but I am thinking this baby doesn't want to come out! Also, at my appointment yesterday, she said- in these words "I have a feeling we might have to extract this baby abdominally".. why couldn't she have just said "Yeah, you are a C-section waiting to happen".. she still wants to give it a try the regular way, so we'll see!

Scott took the day off of work today, due to the fact my doctor was so "confident" we would have a baby by now.. since that didn't happen, he has been doing paper work all day. He is being so sweet (as I would expect someone to be when their wife is at the end of their pregnancy in misery).. I try not to take advantage of it. But, if I am upstairs and I know all it will take is a loud "SCOTT!!" and he will be running, that is much more appealing than getting up and walking down the stairs. So, I find myself calling for him which makes him stop what he is doing, come upstairs and find me, only for me to say "What are you doing?".. it can't make him too happy! haha. Still, he has yet to complain. He even took a walk with me this evening even though he had mounds of paperwork. His MBA program is on a quarter system, so he has finals this week. He has his last one tomorrow night, so as bad as I want this baby to come, he kinda needs to hold off until 8:00 tomorrow night so Scott can finish his finals! Our luck, something will happen tomorrow afternoon and then we will be in a pickle.


On a completely random side note, I am officially IN LOVE with Morning Star Veggie Corn Dogs. Oh my gosh- they are SO good- have hardly any fat, and are made from soy or some non meat product. They seriously taste like a regular corn dog, but you don't have to feel guilty eating them. I think it is now my job to advertise to the world how good they are so everyone can partake of their goodness. seriously.

4 comments:

Em said...

Dang, just yesterday I was standing in HEB, staring at the State Fair corn dogs, debating whether or not to buy them. Fortunately I resisted. I've never seen those Morningstar ones.

So when is your actual due date?

Morgan said...

Emily- you need to get you some veggiedogs.. they are SOOOO good. You can find them with the boca burgers and all that organic junk. My due date is Sunday.. but based on the last ultrasound they bumped it back to last Friday (almost a week ago) based on his size.

Mom of 2 Cuties said...

We bought some veggie dogs and I had some for dinner, very yummy I have to say for being veggie...i think i like them better than the mix meat regular corn dogs! thanks for the excellent marketing! maybe morningstar will see your blog and send you a years worth of free veggie dogs!

Mom of 2 Cuties said...

We bought some veggie dogs and I had some for dinner, very yummy I have to say for being veggie...i think i like them better than the mix meat regular corn dogs! thanks for the excellent marketing! maybe morningstar will see your blog and send you a years worth of free veggie dogs!