After living in this house for almost TWO weeks, we FINALLY have our phones and TV up and running! I didn't realize how much I missed turning on The Today Show while I was getting ready in the morning. We are so excited... we went DVR happy last night and started recording everything we could get our hands on. It's pretty pathetic, actually. We originally were supposed to have Verizon come hook everything up on the Monday we moved in, but they stood us up. We got so mad that we cancelled with Verizon and had Time Warner scheduled to come hook up our cable. But guess what?! They stood us up too. We could not believe it happened TWICE by two different companies. We should have taken it as a sign that we weren't meant to have TV. So, we got so mad at Time Warner, that we went crawling back to Verizon. And guess what?? We had an appointment for them to show up yesterday between 8 to 12, and at 12:30, no one was here. We were so made we couldn't see straight! We thought- SURELY there is no way this will happen AGAIN! Sure enough, the tech straggled in about 1:00, and by 7:00 last night, I was watching Entertainment Tonight. We have FIOS T.V through Verizon. They wired the whole neighborhood, so we had no choice... Scott thinks it's pretty cool. As long as I have Oprah, I don't care what kind of TV it is.
We have had people working on the backyard for the past week. They laid sod and our yard is starting to look really nice! I can't wait until it is all finished so we can sit out there. But by then it will probably be 100 degrees and I will have no desire to sit outside. Speaking of temperature, it has been so dang hot here the past few days! It was in the 90's yesterday, and today it is supposed to be in the upper 80's. It's still March! I hope this isn't an indication of how it will be this summer!
I go to the doctor in about 2 hours to find out my fate. I had a nightmare last night that she said "Let's just give it some more time and see how you progress." I have no desire to wait and see how my labor will progress on it's own with a 9+ pound baby in there! If she doesn't induce me this week, I think I might cry in her office. Maybe that will do the trick?? Probably not... My poor mom is waiting for the call.. every time I call her the first thing she says is "Is it time?!".. She and my sister will come out for 2 weeks after the baby is born. It is going to be a huge help! Then, my other sister is flying out in May, and my brother and his family will be out in July. I think Disneyland is what is drawing them here, but why stay in a hotel when you can stay here for free and be at Disneyland in 45 minutes... I can't say I blame them! And whatever it takes to get them here, I'm all for! Thank goodness for Disneyland. : ) The next few months will be full of visitors... I can't wait!
adios! I'm off to go stare at the TV.. I haven't had enough of it yet!
Tuesday, March 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment