Friday, April 06, 2007

He's HERE!





Brent James Crabtree made it! My water broke the morning I was scheduled for induction.. I was suppossed to go in at 7:00, Brent decided otherwise. At about 6:15 my water broke, and we frantically packed up our things! I must say labor was the MOST difficult thing I have EVER done, but obviously the most worth it. He weighed 10 lbs 8 ounces (thus probably why so difficult). I could NOT believe how much he weighed! I thought they were lying.. this, my friends, is what happens when your doctor thinks the baby might be big but STILL lets you go almost 2 weeks past your due date. And did I mention I had him naturally?! : ) It was insane. Scott told me I yelled halfway through pushing "I never want to do this again!!" (In retrospect, I would do it again- as long as I'm not almost 2 weeks late.. haha.) My doctor told me afterwards she was holding her breath because she was 90% sure I would have to have a C-section, but somehow we did it. Needless to say, I can hardly walk after having him.. I am in a world of pain, but definitely worth every ounce.
Our world has made a 180 degree change- we are usually on time. Today we had his first pediatrician appointment and were 10 minutes late. We have alot to learn!
I'm going to end this here- I am going on about 3 days of no sleep and pain killers. Not a good combination. : )

6 comments:

Melissa Wilson said...

He looks perfect! Congrats and good work, mom!

Em said...

Congrats! He's so cute!

Okay lady, when you say "naturally" do you mean to tell me you had a 10 lb. baby without an epidural?

I need some clarification! ;)

Keep it coming with the pictures! We're so excited for ya.

Lauren said...

Baby Brent is adorable! Congratulations....send more pics when you can:)

Lauren said...

p.s. I thought for sure you were going to join the C- section club with me:)

Morgan said...

SORRY EMILY! : ) Maybe I used the wrong term! When I said natural I meant through the woman parts.. : ) haha.

Morgan said...

lauren- i thought for sure I was staring down the barrel at a C-Section.. : ) It was a dang miracle if you ask me that I didn't have one!!