Yesterday Brent slept from 11:00 to 7:30 and did not wake up ONCE. I kept waking up- 3:00, 4:00, 5:00- totally confused as to why he had not woken up yet. Finally at 6:30 Scott and I woke up at the same time and looked at each other. I said "Do you realize what time it is?!" Scott immediately asked if he was ok and if this was normal behavior for a 4 1/2 week old. We don't know. All we know is that we aren't complaining! My sister warned me not to get too excited because it might be a fluke. Well, I'm happy to say last night he slept from 11:00 to 6:30. I am loving it.
Today Brent smiled at me. Not a gas smile- a real smile. It seriously melted my heart. I heard so many mothers tell me "Just wait until your baby smiles at you for the first time. Your heart will want to burst." I couldn't comprehend it until today when he just kept grinning and cooing at me. It was the best! For the rest of the morning I have been able to talk to him and get him to smile at me several more times. He is so stinkin cute.
The rest of the week is going to be CRAZINESS!!! My sister Lauren is flying in with her baby Avery tomorrow at 2:30. She is flying into Orange County so Scott will run and go get her. Then the day after that, Thursday, my sister Katie and her baby Rex are flying into Ontario, yet another airport in the area at 9:30. Im sending Scott to go get her too. : ) Anyway, there will be all 3 of us sisters with a 5 week old, a 10 month old, and an 11 month old. I really don't see us taking them anywhere in public, but we are going to give Sea World and the San Diego zoo a try. Should be interesting!
Sunday Brent was blessed. Here are a few pictures of his blessing day..
2 comments:
You gotta love the crying pics:)
I new you always loved it when the boys "cooed" at you!!!
LJB
Post a Comment