Sunday, June 24, 2007



LOOK AT THE THIGHS on that baby! He takes after his momma... : )

I took this picture tonight after spending 20 minutes trying to wake up Brent to feed him so I could put him to sleep. I laid him on the bed, I messed with him as much as I could, I blew on him, I sat him straight up, then finally gave up and laid him in his swing and took pictures. He was a little stinker today and has been really fussy. He also started spitting up out of NOWHERE. Every feeding it seems like he spits up. And he's gone through 3 outfits today. I hope this phase ends soon...

So this week has been pretty eventful. Topping the list would have to be the fact that I drove almost to Orange County. That has never happened. Traffic is INSANITY and the freeway you have to take to get there is always STOPPED. No matter what time of day.. it's stopped. I remember last summer when Josie and Jonah were out here we were coming home from Disneyland at MIDNIGHT and guess what. Traffic was stopped. It blows my mind. Anyway... I did it myself- with my sister in law in the front seat and Brent strapped in the back. And we made it there safely. Major accomplishment for me.

Also, the doctor that was suppossed to remove the lump from my eye talked me out of it. I had my appointment on Wednesday and he decided that since it had been there for so long, he was worried that he wouldn't be able to get it out for some reason or another. He offered to try, but why go through shots in my eyelid, cutting it open, and stitching it back up just "to try". He promised it would go away on its own (he said it might take as long as 2 years), but that it WOULD eventually go away. So, I chickened out. Bad news- no eye patch. haha. It has shrunk on it's own though. He thinks that my pregnancy had alot to do with it- hormones and bla bla bla. Now that Brent is out of me, he was confident that my body would start getting rid of the lump.

I went to a baby shower this weekend and it was very interesting. I couldn't help but to have an internal dialogue the whole time. Andrea would open a present and I would say something to myself like "Oooh. That is a good one. She'll need that." Or sometimes I was thinking "What a waste. She'll learn soon enough." Like I am some kind of pro or something. I think I am big stuff now that I have one of my own... haha. Just kidding.

Here are some pictures of the disappearing lump. When my sisters were visiting they could see it from the other side of the room. See Katie and Lauren? You can hardly see it!



1 comment:

Mom of 2 Cuties said...

Nice pics dude! I still think you should wear an eyepatch, just for the fun of it..take pics of that next time! I like the hair, it keeps getting shorter and shorter...