Scott is out of town for work in Bakersfield. Yuck. I've been to Bakersfield with him once and I am 100% certain that it's the armpit of California, and quite possibly of the country. Well... I don't know about that. There are some pretty raunchy towns in New Mexico..
Last night I stayed with my mother in law. I was worried how Brent would sleep in a different place, but apparently babies of his age could care less where they are sleeping! He slept like a dream and so did I.
We have a busy next few weeks coming up. My brother Ty and his wife and four girls are coming to visit on Saturday! I'm so excited. He has a conference that BYU sent him to in Anaheim, so they decided to make a vacation of it and have been at Disneyland all week. Too bad I wasn't smart enough like him to get my Ph.D because I think his job as a professor is the cushiest job around. It doesn't seem like he ever works. But I guess that is what you get for going to school for 100 years. Anyway, I was going to go up and meet them at Disneyland one day, but I would be smoking crack if I did that. No way I am going to pay that much money to go watch everyone else ride rides while I'm holding a baby who hates the wind. : ) (Anytime a gust of wind hits Brent he closes his eyes and holds his breath- I'm told he'll outgrow that!) My brother called yesterday and said "The happiest place on earth isn't so happy when you have 4 kids under the age of 6 with you..." I can only imagine.. So they will be here on Saturday and will stay until Tuesday. Monday we are going to the zoo in san diego... anything else is beyond me! I have a feeling my nieces are going to be BORED at my house.
Then, some friends from Texas called yesterday and their daughter is going to "surf camp" in La Jolla for 2 weeks. They want Scott and I to go get her on Saturday night next week and bring her back to our house so she can go to church with us on Sunday. That should be fun.. I miss them! But SURF CAMP?! Since when did kids get to go to surf camp in San diego?! wow! I was lucky if I went to volleyball camp in the SAME TOWN when I was young! THen, we want to drive out to Utah to meet my mom while she is there in July, and then we are flying out to Texas the first week in August. and sometime in between all of this nonsense I am turning the big 24! who-hoo. One more year until I'm 25, then I'm on the upward march to 30. yikes. I'm getting old. : )
Thursday, June 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment