After talking to life-long California residents, earthquakes are something you never quite get used to. This was my second one to experience, but it still felt like my first. We found out later that the quake originated from the Lake Elsinore fault, which is about 10 miles from us. It was only a 4.7, but felt SO much stronger because we were right next to the fault.
http://www.knbc.com/news/14031968/detail.html?dl=headlineclick
Our stake is HUGE on emergency preparedness because we live so close to so many faults. It is really only a matter of time before something more catastrophic happens. I felt like today was Heavenly Fathers way of getting our attention and saying "HEY! How many times do you need to be warned before you will actually LISTEN!" So, needless to say, that was the kick in the pants Scott and I needed to make sure our food storage is in order. What an exciting morning. Little Brent slept through his first earthquake.. : )
Tomorrow we are headed down to San Diego to go explore the USS Midway. It is a decomissioned aircraft carrier and it should be fun!!
1 comment:
While I was in High School I would sleep through the earthquakes, but me living in S.D. they aren't as strong. It's a different experience isn't it!
Post a Comment