Wednesday, October 24, 2007





Here is my latest ploy to get Brent to take naps.. he slept pretty good at my moms house and I think it is because their house is a bit darker. We have so many stinkin windows and the way the sun hits the side of our house, his room is SO bright! I got these little beauties at Target and they are suppossed to keep the heat in during winter and the cool in during summer, and black out a room! I think he will nap a little better in a dark room. Well, Scott hung them yesterday and we laid Brent down for a nap. 30 minutes later I heard crying on the monitor. Dang. Guess he was on to our little trick. Now that I see the picture I realize that I needed to iron the panels before we hung them. Oh well.

Here are a few more pictures from Texas.. my mom taught Rex how to throw rocks into the river. He had a ball. There is also a picture of my Dad and Brent with their yorkie, Zoe, on the other side. Their dog is crazy. If they made doggie Prozac, then Zoe would need the highest dose possible. Anytime she got around the babies she would get a crazy look in her eye. She would nip at Rex and Brent and go to bite them, but just lick their hand instead. (Which grosses me out as well.. I don't want something that licks their butt licking my 6 month old's hand..) She doesn't have enough guts to bite. She knew that if she were to bite, then she would be in a world of trouble.. Katie's husband Bob is an attorney and over last Christmas he kept telling my Dad- "Chuck- I'll sue you. Keep that dog away from my baby." haha. He was kidding of course, but ever since babies came along, Zoe is not the most liked thing at my parents house!















Also, I didn't want to take my car seat with me. Our last trip to Texas 2 months ago the airline busted it somehow. Luckily Katie had an extra one, but Brent just BARELY fit in it. It was so funny... He was a bit cramped. Here are some pictures of him!

Brent is going to the little nursery at the gym today. this will be the first time that someone other than family has watched him (even if it is just for 40 minutes). I am a nervous wreck about it but I have to meet with a trainer at 12:30 and I have no choice but to take him! Luckily the nursery is all glass so while I am working out I can see what he is doing. He has never been sick yet and I am terrified with all the other kids in there he will be sick by the end of the week! Oh well. I guess I can't keep him in a bubble forever...

1 comment:

Bertie said...

LOL! My favorite picture ever is of Brent in that carseat!! That is hilarious! Too cute! So- when are you coming to Houston to see Christie and the rest of the Youngs??