In case anyone is wondering, our house is not burning down. : ) After frantic calls from my grandmother and other family members, I thought I'd let you all know..
We are safe and sound. The fires are far enough away from us that we're not scared, but close enough to see smoke and have ashes falling on you! This is CRAZY. As my plane landed yesterday, I could see just how bad the fires were. As soon as we made out initial descent into the Los Angeles area, in every direction I looked, all I saw was massive amounts of smoke. Our cars have ashes on them and it stinks outside, but luckily the fires are not in our close proximity. However, we are smack dab in the middle of the chaos. San Diego to the south of us is on fire, Orange County to the west is on fire, Los Angeles to the north is on fire, so that only leaves Palm Springs to the east, which is not yet on fire! Scott is going to do inspections in Palm Springs tomorrow because he says it is the only place that he can get some fresh air. I left today to go to Target and there is just smoke everywhere in the sky. I will have to post some pictures. It is so sad and I feel horrible for all the people that are losing their homes. You feel so helpless sitting and watching the live news as the fire creeps into someone's backyard and you can see it going up in flames right in front of your eyes. I hope they get control of it soon! Rancho Bernardo and Poway in San Diego are not far from us at all. I think that is where the majority of smoke is coming from when I look outside.
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Gosh I cna't believe it's happening again. My parents are all packed in their RV but I remember all the ash from the last time this happened!!! Be safe
Post a Comment