Ok.. last one. This is got to be the best BY FAR! Bertie- you will especially love it. Make sure you pause the music I have playing so you can get the full effect!!
Wow. What a day today was. By far one of the worst parenting mistakes Scott and I have made to date.
This morning we were supposed to meet Josie and Jonah at the zoo down in San Diego. The zoo is about an hour from our house. We get packed up to go and leave the house at about 10:00. We get to the zoo at 11:00 and start unloading the car. Josie and Jonah were already in the zoo and waiting for us. We had everything out when Scott goes..
"Where is the diaper bag?" I looked at him with a blank stare on my face.
I said "What do you mean, where is the diaper bag. Didn't you grab it???"
To make a long story short, after a 5 minute argument over who was supposed to grab the diaper bag, we realized we left without it and now we are stuck in San Diego with a baby who is starving, has a soggy diaper, no bibs or burp cloths, no extra binkies... NOTHING. Scott contemplated driving home to get it and driving back, but that would have been an extra 2 hours and Brent needed to eat right then. I called Josie frantically and of course she was prepared. She had an extra bottle. Olivia, unfortunately, is about 1/2 the size of Brent so we still didn't have diapers or anything else. We decided that I would go ahead and go in the zoo and Scott would try and find the nearest Target to get diapers and other necessities.
Scott didn't realize he was also supposed to get formula at the store. That is one thing Josie can't give Brent. :) These are the moments you could kick yourself for not breastfeeding...life would have been a whole lot easier today if I was still nursing! So, we sat down to each lunch, Scott had finally gotten back with some baby food and diapers. I open the can of baby food to feed Brent, I turn my head for one second, and he grabbed the jar of baby food and dumped it all over me and himself. And- OOPS- we don't have a change of clothes because the diaper bag is SIXTY MILES AWAY. So we had to take his socks off (it is about 63 degrees outside). The poor baby had no formula and now no socks. All we could put in his bottle was apple juice (which he has never really had before except once on the plane). Then about 2 hours later I realized his diaper leaked and he had wet clothes. Once again, nothing we could do about it. Poor kid.
And all the cute pictures I imagined getting of Brent and Olivia- didn't happen. Because the camera was in the dang diaper bag... you live and you learn, right?! We have never forgotten the diaper bag before. Why is it the time we are gone all day and are away from home that we forget it?!
We had such a good time. Josie, Joe, and I laughed and made immature jokes about the monkeys grooming each other while Scott and Jonah pushed the strollers. Josie's mom was busy admiring the "flora", and Brent and Olivia were good little babies.
You better believe we learned a HARD lesson today! We won't be forgetting the dang diaper bag ever again!!
Saturday, November 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is hilarious!! The daiper bag thing- I mean- the video was pretty good too- but I bet I could find one that is better! LOL! Just kidding!
Glad you'll never forget the daiper bag-- that is so funny!
I can't imagine a worse thing than to go on a day trip to the zoo and leave the diaper bag at home. I'm so sorry!
I am calling CPS and I am going to raise my nephew like me own!
Post a Comment