Thanksgiving was excellent.. other than the fact that I have strep throat. I started getting sick on Tuesday. Wednesday I woke up feeling like I wanted to shoot myself, so I gave in and made a doctors appointment. She told me she was pretty sure it was strep due to the nasty puss on my tonsils, but she had to wait for the throat culture to come back before she could give me penicillin. The throat culture takes 48 hours, and with Thanksgiving holiday in there, I am still dying and have no antibiotics. She prescribed me a painkiller in the meantime, but that is doing nothing for me! I am so glad this happened when it did because Scott is at home and can take care of Brent while I mope around and whine. : )
We went to Scott's moms house for Thanksgiving. Man alive- as bad as my throat hurt I sure did manage to pack away some food. It was yummy. I was going to stay home out of fear of getting other people sick, but Scott's mom made me come anyway. Hopefully no one catches it. Brent enjoyed his thanksgiving and got his first taste of mashed potatoes which he liked pretty well! A friend from Texas sent me a package and it had a bib in it for Brent that said "My first Gobble". He looked pretty stinkin cute as usual.. :) He was out of sorts last night because he didn't take a nap in the afternoon. He would much rather watch his cousins run around than nap.. so towards the end of last night he was flailing around on Scott's lap trying to sleep. I got some cute pictures of them.
Alrighty, I'm back to go whine and mope around some more. Hope your Thanksgiving was better than mine!!
2 comments:
Morgan your little boy makes me want to have another baby!! He is soooo adorable!! Look at him! I hope you get better soon... strep seems to be going around... until then STAY away from me:) Just kidding! I'll give you a kiss if you want-- got any mistle toe?
Aw! Cookie Sprinkles! I'm so sorry you're sick. Hope you feel better soon!
Post a Comment