Thursday, November 29, 2007

Yesterday was kinda freaky for me. I think the stars were aligned so that I would get some sense knocked into me to quit messing around with trying to loose weight.

Starting in the morning, my visiting teacher came over. Just so happens she has lost 90 pounds. That's right. NINETY!!!!!! Holy moly. Anyway, we started talking about it and the weight I want to loose is measly compared to 90, so she gave me a burst of energy.

Then, Brent and I headed out for Target. I turned an isle and bumped into a friend from our old ward before it got split. I didn't even recognize her. She was HALF the size she was. So I started talking to her about what she did and 20 minutes later, I am realizing there is a theme for my day. I was kinda ticked off because I Was gonna pick up a 3 muskateers at the checkout- HEY- don't judge me! They are 40% less fat... haha. Needless to say, I walked past the candy bars in shame. I was strong and abstained.

Next, I flip on Oprah. For those of you who know what Oprah was about yesterday, it was about people that have lost MASSIVE amounts of weight. I was looking at the TV like-- WHAT IS GOING ON?! Is this happening on purpose?!

Then, the news was on later that evening while I was getting stuff for dinner ready, and it was about weight loss tips and stories. DANG!

So, I FINALLY gave in and realized it was a sign. I went to the gym at 8:00 for a weight lifting class. There was hardly anyone in the class and the instructor was wacky. (No wonder no one else was there, I just didn't get the memo that they let a psych patient out of the hospital to teach the class). She was literally nutso. My favorite part was at the end when we were stretching, someone passed gas SO loudly. I must have been the only immature person there because I had to fight back a giggle. And, I"m pretty sure it was the freaky instructor because the sound of the gas passing was magnified a bit..I"m thinking by her microphone.

At any rate, today I rededicated myself to doing better. If a woman on Oprah could lose 530 pounds, then I can surely lose what I want to lose.

The other day I took a little video clip of Brent trying to show his teeth. Just sit back and and hold tight, because his teeth don't make their debut until the last 2 seconds of the video. I was holding the camera with one hand and holding him with the other, so just a warning there are some rocky times! :) ALso, at one point he actually tried to EAT the camera. It is hilarious. He started coming at me with an open mouth, so watch for that part!



My sister Katie is going to have her baby tomorrow! I am so excited and nervous for her. After my experience having a baby, I break into cold sweats and loose stools anytime anyone mentions the word "childbirth". I think I am still suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder. I will need some good therapy before I have my next one. She will do great though! I hear the second babies just slip right out! Good luck Katie! :)

2 comments:

Katie said...

I sure hope I don't get your "loose stool syndrome" after having this baby!

shannon said...

I am loving that video of Brent!!! I just love that boy and him trying to eat the camera! I sure liked watching him flirt with the girly waitresses at Olive Garden too!