Scott just called me from work and told me something I had to post!
He was listening to some talk radio show (yes, he listens to talk radio. He is a 70 year old man trapped in the wrong body..). Anyway, they had Ann Romney on as a guest. They asked her about her religious beliefs and said "Isn't it hard to never have a beer once in a while?!" GUESS how she responded? She said "Ok, I'll make a deal with you. If Mitt wins, I'll come back and we'll split a beer." Yes she was obviously kidding, but still. You don't joke about stuff like that when there are people listening that don't know you are joking. There were people probably listening thinking "So Mormons CAN drink if they WANT to!" Oops. I bet she might get some grief for saying that..
Then, he asked "Is there anything about your church you don't like?" She replied with, "Well, I don't like that it's 3 hours long." Maybe that wasn't the best answer..
In her defense, who DOES like the fact that church is 3 hours long? BUT, when your husband is constantly in the media spotlight, and the media is constantly bashing your church, you think you might answer the question with "My church is great." Or something of that nature. Scott wasn't too happy when he called me and told me all of this!
In other news, luckily, Jamie Lynn Spears and I will be birthing our children just a few weeks apart! Yippee!
Thursday, December 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
YEAH for being prego at the same time as Jamie Lynn Spears- that rocks!!! So, when your little one graduates from highschool, and they have a what happened this year section- they can also say the graduated at the same time- and the chance of them meeting when you are both in So. Cali is greater too- so if you have another boy- then maybe they will date and live happily ever after:)
No WONDER you were meant to get pregnant at this time....it was no surprise, after all!!! We can now see the big picture opening up for a connection between you and the Spears Family!!! I heard about that on the radio this morning...that, and the fact that her mom was in the process of writing a book on parenting! (that book has now been canceled...DUH!)
Post a Comment