Monday, January 07, 2008




I had my first doctors appointment today. There is so much suspense when the ultrasound first starts. I hate the suspense when the screen is turned away from me, and I am just watching her face for any clues. Today, she started the ultrasound and about 2 seconds later she smiled and said "Perfect little baby." It's not until I see the ultrasound with the baby moving around, that I can breathe a sigh of relief.

So far, so good. As soon as the midwife found out that Brent was 10 lbs 8 oz, she said "Well, I am a midwife, so I am obviously all for vaginal deliveries. That's my thing. But in your case, I think we should consider an elective C-Section at 39 weeks." When she said that, the heavens opened up and I heard an angelic chorus. :) Seriously, Brent's birth was so traumatic for me, and I was so worried that I would get another doctor like my last one who refused to induce or do a C-section. But I think this midwife hears "10 lbs 8 oz" and starts thinking of the liability! Scott is not too hip on the idea of a c-section. We'll just have to see what happens. We still have PLENTY of time to debate the subject! I know the recovery is long, but the recovery is also plenty long when you have pushed out an almost 11 pound kid. I guess you just have to pick your poison!

Last week our vacuum broke. Scott got an iRobot Roomba. I think I will be the new spokesperson for the roomba. Everyone and their mother should go and buy one. It is the closest thing to a maid as I will ever get! If you don't vacuum that often, then it probably isn't worth your time. But since we have hardwood floors, and with a baby moving around on them all the time, I feel like I was constantly trying to sweep and keep the floors clean. The roomba does it for me everyday, and it can do it while I am in the shower! It does such a good job and even leaves the "just vacuumed lines" on your carpet. Today I turned it on while I unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher. By the time I was done with dishes and feeding Brent, VOILA! The bottom floor of our house was vacuumed. I love it! And if you have a small child, it provides entertainment for them. Brent sat in his exersaucer and watched it move around the room. It even goes UNDER couches, under beds, and cleans BASEBOARDS!! that's something your regular vacuum won't do! I was kinda bummed that it can't figure out how to go upstairs on it's own. Scott laughed at me and realized how lazy and horrible it sounded. He reminded me that the dang thing is already vacuuming for me, and that I could probably manage to take it upstairs so that it could continue to vacuum. I guess he is right. WE LOVE THE ROOMBA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





And last but not least, here is Brent passed out on his Dad this evening!



4 comments:

Katie said...

does it get stuck if there is junk or toys all over the floor?? you may make a believer out of me!

Morgan said...

seriously katie... it is the best thing since- well, since I don't know what, but it's the BEST! Yeah, you have to pick up small stuff, but if the toy is a decent size then it knows to go around it! sweet, huh?

shannon said...

I am loving the idea of someone else doing the cleaning! We looked into it tonight! Thanks for the pictures!

Em said...

Brent is getting so big! That roomba sounds pretty cool. I don't think our apartment is big enough to justify one though!