Saturday, January 05, 2008

We have a crazy little man on our hands!! Brent LOVES LOVES LOVES to SCREAM!! He is perfectly happy when he does it. It is so ear piercing and loud, but so funny at the same time. When he gets going he doesn't stop! Sometimes he will lay on the floor and scream at the top of his lungs for an hour. Here he is in action. : )



Brent had his 9 month appointment yesterday. He is FINALLY really evening out. He weighs 21 pounds and is 29 1/2 inches. He is finally in the 50-60% instead of off the charts like he usually is! They had to prick his big toe to get blood, and my big man didn't even flinch. If he could talk, he probably would have looked at the nurse and said "Big deal. What else you got???"

There was also some not good news. Brent has to have 2 different surgeries done. He was born with a blocked tear duct, so they have to go in with a probe and open up the tear duct in his left eye. To make matters worse, he was also born with a hydrocele. You can google it if you are curious what it is, for those of you who don't already know! The surgery to fix that will be a bit more in depth and take about 1 1/2 hours. His pediatrician referred us to- she claims- the best pediatric surgeons in this area. He will have both procedures done at the Rady's Children's Hospital of San Diego. Because he has to go under general anesthesia, the 2 surgeons will coordinate with each other and do both procedures at the same time so he will only have to be put under once. I feel so terrible for him. I cried on the way home from his appointment just imagining my baby being wheeled away to be put under anesthesia! But, especially for the hydrocele, he will thank us when he is old enough to understand! :)

It has been raining for 2 days straight here in California. I had to play the piano at a baptism today, and that is the only time I have left the house! I am getting stir crazy but I hate going out in the rain!!

2 comments:

Bertie said...

"screaming brent" is sooo cute! I LOVE it! Poor thing-- I'll be praying for him on surgery day!!

Mom of 2 Cuties said...

he is just talking mama! make sure you take before and after pictures of the procedure sites..for comparison reasons..