Saturday, February 09, 2008

I don't have any cute pictures today. It's not any fun to blog without pictures!

I went to the doctor yesterday- wait, the midwife, and I really really like her. I didn't get to talk to her much at my first appointment which seems like forever ago. I am almost 15 weeks and yesterday we got to hear the hearbeat from the new little one. It never gets old! It is so neat to hear. The baby was moving around like a madman or madwoman. I couldn't distinguish the sounds, but heard a few wooshing sounds that were different than the heartbeat. The midwife informed me that the sound was arms and legs flying past the doppler.

The great thing about this midwife is she takes SO much time with you. After the trauma of birthing Brent, I talked to her about all my fears of having an even BIGGER baby this time. She assured me that even if I have another 10 pounder, that second babies are so much easier and it will come out much better. So, we'll just have to see. :) She also promised me if I haven't had this baby ON my due date, she will induce me. I think my OBGYN with Brent was just twisted and wanted to see JUST how huge I could get when I went almost 2 weeks past my due date. So, my fears are calmed. She is a bit freaky though, and is already a bit hostile about breastfeeding. She informed me that she breastfed her daughter until she was 19 months old. WHOA NELLY. I'm just shooting to breastfeed this next one for 6 weeks..I didn't need to hear crazy talk about 19 months. I am making 6 weeks my goal and everyone says if you make it to that, then you are home free and it gets easy.

Poor Brent has been sick for the FIRST TIME. Can you believe it? He is ten months old and has never been sick. That may have to do with us being really anal about certain things, but our lucky streak ended. The night before last he tossed and turned all night long- crying every hour. I felt like I had a newborn baby all over again. The next morning I felt like a train had hit me! His nose is running like a faucet and he is pretty miserable. There is nothing we can give him either, so it will just have to run its course. I'm not going to worry until he won't eat. And those that have seen Brent in action know he would have to be REALLY REALLY sick to not eat. :)

I'm off to go study. What was I thinking? School sucks.

1 comment:

Katie said...

i think you should breastfeed the next baby until he is 5 years old...