Wednesday, February 06, 2008

We've had a busy day at my house full of crying (Brent, not me), burning cookies, and trying new food (again, Brent, not me!)

Here is Brent after breakfast in his new favorite spot- underneath his exersaucer. It drives me CRAZY! He crawls under there, then SCREAMS because he can't get out. I pull him out, and what does he do? Immediately crawl back under, gets stuck, and screams again. After repeating this scenario about 20 times this morning, I decided I would let him scream until he figured out how to get "un-stuck". He pitched a fit! But I stood my ground and eventually he pulled himself through the opposite side. Little stinker!






Next, while Brent was taking a nap, I decided to make some chocolate chip cookies, which I ABSOLUTELY do NOT need! So, serves me right, when this is what I pulled out of the oven...




That was fate telling me I didn't need a dang cookie! Scott claims they are edible. After some soul searching, I realized 1/2 C. Butter meant ONE stick- not TWO. Oops. Better luck next time.

Next on our agenda for today was trying to get Brent better acquainted with a sippy cup. That did not go over too well. He freaked out and acted like he was gagging on it every time I put it in his mouth. Don't let the excited look on his face in the pictures fool you..I guess practice will make perfect with this!




And, last but not least, for dinner I tried something new. I put some soup that had chicken and carrots in a strainer and rinsed all the soup off, popped it in the microwave, and tried to give it to him. I got shot down once again.. he was gagging on the carrots and sat and played with his food for about 20 minutes, so I finally pulled the plug and gave him babyfood.

6 comments:

Mom of 2 Cuties said...

you and your cooking skills crack me up! Brent is becoming such a big boy!

shannon said...

I was laughing soooo hard when I saw that cookie sheet. Too funny. I am sorry it didn't turn out for ya, I guess you will have to stick to the batter you buy at the store!

the Forrest Diaries said...

You are so funny! At least you tried right? I can't make mac n cheese to save my life!!!!!!!!

Katie said...

awe, sorry you didn't get any chocolate chip cookies! good luck with the sippy cup!!

Josie said...

Lady, this is a really long post! Do you know how long it took me to scroll down to get to the comments?

My comment? Those cookies look nummy!

Em said...

I thought those cookies looked flat!!! Butter makes everything better!